Fairies Wear Boots

"I cannot believe her," Diana fumed. "What a dumb old whore!"

Well this wasn't the note I'd like to start this drive off on.

Diana peeled the car out of her driveway, and accelerated down the road at an almost dangerous speed.

Before we had made it out of her house, we spent a few hours celebrating her Nana's birthday, who is a really lovely woman I've known years before I ever became friends with Diana. After the birthday party had ended, Diana made quite a loud announcement to the entire room that we were headed out- causing an uproar of questions from the adults there with us. She then shot one look to her mother, who seemed to calm everyone down by telling her guests that we were spending the night at a friend's, which I found very strange.

Even stranger though, was when her mother pulled her aside and they seemed to have a bit of a hushed argument- which ended with Diana having the last word, and her mother looking completely defeated.

"Stupid fucking old bitch. Stupid fucking dumb motherfucking bitch-hole." Diana mumbled under her breath as she drove. Cursing always seemed to help her calm herself down.

"Is everything alright?" I asked cautiously.

"Yup! Everything's just peachy keen!" She said, her words tinged with sarcasm.

"What happened back there?"

Diana sighed. "Nothing, just forget about it please."

"But Di-"

"Please, Nancy. I'm begging you to just let it go." She cut me off, sounding exhausted by whatever was plaguing her.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I gave up.

"I just want to enjoy tonight- I want us both to enjoy tonight." She said. "I have your clothes in the back seat, and some makeup."

I took her cue and started to get ready. Tonight, Diana had brought me a black sequined jumpsuit, and another, even bigger pair of platform heels. The jumpsuit was strappy at the top and was obviously made for someone with a smaller bust.

"Um... Di?" I cringed at the exposure the top of the suit was giving me after I had put it on.

"Shit, that's hot!" She eyed me up.

"Yeah but it's a bit much." I gestured to my newfound cleavage. "Do you have a sweater or something?"

"This isn't a sweater type of place." Diana said. "Plus you look to die for, and I won't have you covering all of it up!" Diana gave me some reassurance with her words, though I still felt a bit awkward.

"Where is this place anyways?"

"Twickenham." She smiled.

"Twickenham? We aren't going to St. Mary's right?" I nervously laughed.

"Of course not."

                                    •••

When we finally made it into Twickenham- Eel Pie Island to be exact- I began to feel a familiar feeling of excitement. Perhaps seeing a new show was exactly the distraction I'd need to get Brian out of my mind.

Diana parked the car in front of an unassuming building, and it wasn't until I saw some people lingering and smoking in the parking lot that I knew we were in the right place.

"Okay can you please tell me now what band we'll be seeing?" I begged as soon as we left the car.

Diana's lips curled up in amusement. "They call themselves 'Black Sabbath'."