Chapter 17

A few days later, Nathan picked up his family from the train station while I stayed home and took care of Kaelynn. She was sat on the floor watching Moana as I laid on the sofa doing a word search.

I heard Kaelynn start singing along and looked up at her before smiling. She was so cute and looked so much like Nathan.

"Damn, that child can sing." I heard from behind me as I looked up to see Jess stood behind me,
"Hey." I said as she smiled at me and gave me a hug.
"Hey." She replied as I smiled and let her sit down beside me.
"Is that Kaelynn singing?" I hear Nathan asks as he walks through and sits down, Karen and Phil following suit.
"Yeah." I reply as Kaelynn carries on watching Moana and doesn't take notice that everyone else is here.

I go back to doing my wordsearch while everyone else starts up a random conversation. Suddenly, I feel my phone vibrate and look at it to see a text from Nathan. I look at hi to see a smirk on his face as I roll my eyes. I unlock my phone and read the text.

From: Nathan,
 If Kaelynn was asleep right now and they weren't here, I would take that wordsearch book away from you and punish you for being so damn rude.
 ~ N x

I look at him again and see that he's not paying attention anymore and write him back.

To: Nathan,
  Too bad Kaelynn is awake and everyone is here cause I'd dare you to do it ;)
 ~ E x

I hear Nathan's phone ping as I turn to look at him. I see his jaw drop before he looks up at me.

"Anyone want a cup of tea?" He asks as everyone =, including me, says yes, "Eva. Come help me." Nathan says as I roll my eyes and get in my chair, following Nathan into the kitchen.

Nathan shuts to door behind me before picking me up out of my chair and placing me on the counter top. He starts to kiss me as  kiss him back before pulling away.

"You need to put the kettle on." I say, breathless as he groans and flicks the kettle on before coming back to kissing me.

He holds me up with one hand and places the other on my neck to kiss me. As Nathan pulls away, I look down before looking back at him.

"The kettles down but, I don't think you wanna go back out there like that." I say as he groans again.
"I want you, Eva." Nathan says as I giggle.

Nathan puts me bac in my chair before making the teas. I help him take them out and give everyone a drink before giving Kaelynn a bottle of juice.

I look at Nathan and smirk before going back t my wordsearch.

Maybe I can have a little fun with this.