Arc 1: Chapter 15

Shortly after my meal I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning and looked over at Luke's bed but he wasn't there. I got up and looked around the room. I didn't see him anywhere.

"Luke? Luke?" I say.

I look for his machete, it's gone too. I begin to get worried. Did he abandon me here? Did he leave to go for a walk?

"Luke!" I shout.

I leave the room and walk around the building looking for him. I go to the front of the building.

"Hey Clementine." Cassandra says.

"Hey, have you seen Luke?" I ask.

"No, but you can go to Edith and ask her. She's pretty much in charge of everything here." she says.

"Ok, thanks." I say as I go the front office.

I approach a woman who is in the front office with a walkie talkie in her hand.

"Are you Edith?" I shyly ask.

"Yes, and you are?" She asks.

"Clementine." I say.

"What did you need?" She asks.

"I was wondering if you've seen my friend Luke?" I ask.

"Luke? Can you describe him?" She asks.

"He has brown hair, brown eyes, he is wearing an orange long sleeve shirt, he has a machete on his back..." I'm cut off.

"Oh yes, once you said machete I knew who you were talking about. He went out hunting. He works as a hunter now." She said.

"What do hunters do?" I ask stupidly.

"They go into abandoned stores or homes to search for supplies and food. They also go into the woods for meat." she tells me.

"When will he be back?" I ask

"Sometime tonight." Edith says.

"Ok." I say in disappointment.

I walked back up to the room. I felt hurt that Luke didn't tell me that he was leaving. When did he even sign up for this? After I fell asleep? He could of woken me up and told me that he was leaving.

It was pretty late at night when Luke returned.

"Clem?" He asks as he walks through the door.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Ok, I'm glad your here I was worried you-"

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving? I was worrying all day about you!" I interrupt.

"I didn't wanna wake you up. You looked peaceful." he says.

"Well you should have anyways." I say crossing my arms.

"I was really bored and lonely all day." I say.

"Well your gonna need to do something during the day cause I have to do this job every day." Luke says.

Hearing him say this made me sad. I worried that one day he wouldn't return.

"I'm worried about you Luke. I don't wanna loose you." I say.

"Clem, I'll be fine." He says.

"Just get some sleep, alright?" He says as he lays down himself.

"Ok." I say as I lay down and close my eyes.

This chapter was kinda similar to DepressedCarrots story. I also apologize for it being so short.