Arc 2: Chapter 20

I quickly turn away and bury my head into Luke.

"Woah, what's wrong?" He asks wrapping his arms around me.

"I-I..." I stutter.

"It's alright." Luke says trying to comfort me.

I can't be comforted. There's nothing anyone can do to make me feel better.

I turn around towards the road where I see the walker form of the man who protected me better then anyone ever has.

Lee.

"No..." I whisper to myself before I break down into tears.

Luke remains silent piecing together what is happening.

I cover my hands in my face as all the memories fly through my head. It feels like it was only yesterday, when we were in the barn, the thought of those 'monsters' killing people, my parents somewhere in Savannah, dead but in denial to believe it. Everything happened so fast, so many people died, and it's all my fault.

"It's all my fault." I say to myself.

"What?" Luke asks.

"It's all my fault." I whisper.

"It's all my fault." I repeat.

"Clem, it's okay." he says slowly placing his arms on my shoulders.

I think back at all of the people that died. Their faces filled with fear. Their blood is on my hands.

"It's all my fault." I say again.

I'm broken.

"Come on let's keep walking." Luke says pushing me away from Lee.

"No!" I yank myself away from him.

I walk towards Lee with my gun loaded.

He limps toward me, making that evil sound all the walkers make.

"I'm so sorry Lee, I failed. It's all my fault. You don't deserve to be dead. I do, I got you killed. I got so many people killed, I just deserve to die. You, Pete, Nick, Sarah, Sarita, Kenny, Jane, Omid.." I trail off.

He doesn't deserve this, I do. All I want is to be dead. I want to be with Lee and my parents again.

Lee walks closer and closer to me, I close my eyes waiting to feel his teeth tear apart my flesh.

"Clementine!" I hear Luke shout. I tune him out.

I feel his presence nearly on top of me before he falls to the ground. Dead for good.

I gasp seeing Lee's lifeless body beneath me.

I look back at Luke, the look I give him says, "you are a monster."

Tears stream down my face. I gasp for air.

"Leeeeee!" I cry.

"Come baaaaackkk!!" I shout to the sky. Tears pour out of my eyes, I've never cried so hard. I put my face in my hands and sob to myself, it feels like I've been sitting for hours.

Luke walks over to me, his head hung low.

"I'm sorry Clem." Luke says faintly.

"GET AWAY FROM ME! YOU KILLED HIM! YOURE A FUCKING MONSTER!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs, so loud my throat hurts.

"Clem, that thing was going to kill you, I had to protect you." he says sadly.

"THAT 'THING' WAS LEE!!!" I scream before breaking down into a ball of tears and devastation.

He remains silent.

"That... was Lee." He says feeling horrible of what he had just done.

"Just leave me alone... forever. Go by yourself to Florida, I'm staying here." I sniffle.

"Clem, I- I can't do it alone." he says.

"Leave me alone, and get THE FUCK AWAY!!" I scream standing up balling my fists.

"Clementine please." Luke begs.

"No." I say looking back down at Lee.

I feel like this situation is familiar. I'm resembling someone, I'm resembling Lilly.

"Clem..." Luke desperately says.

I grab my gun and point it at Luke's chest.

"Don't fucking ask again, IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH YOU!!" I scream.

"Take it easy Clem, don't do somethin' you're gonna regret." he says putting his hands up. I can see the fear in his eyes, they beg not to pull he trigger.

"I can't handle this anymore." I say moving the gun from his chest to my head.

"No, Clem please stop!" Luke desperately begs.

"I can't handle this world anymore, everything has gone to hell. I have nothing to live for." I say tears running down my face yet a slight smile spreads across my face.

"Please." Luke says.

I glaze into his eyes, I see the same thing in saw in Lee's. He cares so much and is trying so hard to keep me alive, it's all he has to live for.

I would be stupid to leave him.

"Clem..." he says.

I drop the gun and run into his arms sobbing.

"It's okay, it's okay, let's go." he says putting his hand on my back forwarding me the opposite direction of Lee.