𝖀𝖓𝖋𝖔𝖈𝖚𝖘𝖊𝖉

Eleni POV

Nearly a week had passed since that night Evan found the earring. Eleni stared at her computer, frustrated with her lack of being able to get past this bout of writer's block. Eleni had told Greta what had happened; she told Greta everything, and this was no exception.

"You are in denial about your feelings. I can see it clearly. Evan knows his own heart, and I think you should give him a chance."

"I can't, Greta. I'm perfectly happy with my life the way it is."

"Eleni, do not let the past determine the future."

They had that conversation yesterday. Today was Greta's day off, so when the buzzer sounded, alerting Eleni that someone was at the gate, she glanced at the screen mounted on the wall next to her desk which showed the gate at the end of her driveway. It was Evan. He rolled down his window and waved the earring in front of the camera where she could see it. Oh right, he is bringing it back, good. Eleni thought. She punched the buzzer to open the gate, then went to the door to let him in.

He set the earring on the counter. "Thank you for bringing it back, that was nice of you. Some guys wouldn't have bothered, but it is an heirloom, I am really happy to get it back."

He didn't say anything, didn't make eye contact, he just looked around nervously.

"Well, uh, I..." Eleni trailed off, not knowing what to say and feeling stupid.

He raised his head and looked at her, the intensity in his dark eyes set off a fluttering sensation in the pit of her stomach.

"I've been thinking a lot about what you said, how it didn't mean anything to you," he closed the distance as he said it, and pressed her back against the counter. His eyes were dazzling this close. Eleni's gaze flicked to his gorgeous lips for a couple of seconds, then tore her gaze away, with effort.

"So prove it," he said in a harsh whisper and pulled her into his arms. He lowered his head and kissed her deeply. Eleni melted against him and kissed him back.

"I haven't been able to stop thinking about you, I want to be with you, Eleni."

His lips moved to her throat, and it felt amazing. She put her hands on his chest, pushing him back just for a moment. He looked at her, his lips parted and his face flushed with desire. He looked disappointed, but she just grabbed his hand and lead him to her bedroom. I might regret this tomorrow, but I'll worry about it then, Eleni thought.

Once they got to her room, she bit her lip, suddenly apprehensive. She felt like she was crossing a line that couldn't be uncrossed. No pretending to be someone she wasn't, not this time.

It seemed like he was reading her mind when he said, "No masks," he pulled his t-shirt off over his head. "No clothes," his jeans followed. Eleni's face grew warm when she saw he wasn't wearing underwear. "Not even socks," and he shed his shoes and socks as well.

Eleni laughed, finding it funny that he would think about socks, at this moment. At the sound of her laugh, he looked smiled. "That was what first caught my attention, at the masquerade. So pretty and genuine. I want to make you laugh more often. But not tonight." He moved closer, and his fingers were warm as he unbuttoned her shirt, slowly letting it slide to the floor behind her. "No barriers, no secrets. Just us."

He picked her up and Eleni instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist. They fell back on to the bed together, and Eleni shorts soon joined her shirt on the floor. He kissed her eyes, her cheeks, her throat. "Evan, yes," She moaned as she tilted her head back.

Author's note

I'll leave the rest to your imagination, hope you aren't too disappointed. This is not the end of their story, they don't get happily ever after, not quite yet. Stay tuned!