𝓞𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓨𝓸𝓾

Eleni's POV

Eleni watched Evan's name and number blink on her cellphone screen for the third time, and once again let it go to voicemail. She assumed he had somehow figured out that he was the mystery woman from last night. She didn't want to talk to him because she had no clue what to say.  They were going to have a conversation eventually if he had figured out her identity, but it was going to be a painfully embarrassing conversation and Eleni did not want to have it today. 

Eleni went back to working on the screenplay for a romantic comedy. A few minutes later she heard voices coming down the hall, one was Greta's and the other sounded like...Oh no.

It was too late, and she felt like a trapped animal. Evan walked into her office. "Hey, Eleni, sorry to drop in, but you haven't been answering your phone. I had a couple of quick questions, it won't take long. I heard you were working on a new script, I wanted to know if I can take a look when it is done."

"Oh, yeah. Of course," Eleni stammered, feeling confused and unsure of herself.

"You are the best." Evan grinned at her, and Eleni felt the butterflies loosed in her stomach. 

"There was a woman at the masquerade last night," Evan started to explain.

"Masquerade?" Eleni tried her best to sound clueless, but her voice came out squeaky.

"Yeah, Emma had a masquerade ball at her wedding reception. Are you alright? Your face looks red."

"Oh, well, stomach thing, but I'm fine."

Evan grimaced in sympathy. "Sorry. I will get out of here, then. I was hoping you might be able to help me find out the identity of this one woman who was there, but I can find out some other time. I hope you feel better." With that, he walked out the door again.

Eleni just stared after him. 'Was he toying with her?' she thought. 'No,' she realized. He would have no reason to.

Eleni was relieved that he hadn't recognized her, but she felt inexplicably angry too.

Author's Note

I'm sorry this chapter is so short, I have been working on other stories and some other projects today, and I only had a few minutes to write. I have to go make dinner, but I promise I will write more tomorrow.

I would love to hear some comments from you, dear readers. This is my first fanfiction, and I hope it is not too awful.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one likes it or comments on it, does that mean it's really bad?