𝓐 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓶 𝓘𝓼 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰

One week later

One week later

"I have no idea who she is, Evan," Emma said over the phone.  "I'm not your dating service." And she rudely hung up the phone. 

Evan tossed his phone on the couch next to him in frustration and looked out the window at the rain cascading down. The dark and stormy sky matched his mood, and it calmed him to watch the lightning blaze across the sky and with crackling jolts of thunder. As the storm drew closer, he could hear the increasing tempo of the rain hammering on the roof. He had been busy with various projects and was short on sleep, so he drifted off to sleep, stretched out on the couch, serenaded by the rain.

 He had been busy with various projects and was short on sleep, so he drifted off to sleep, stretched out on the couch, serenaded by the rain

"

You need to tell him the truth," Greta said, after Eleni broke down and told her the whole story, minus the sordid details.

"No way! Are you kidding? It was a drunken mistake. Trust me, the intrigue will wear off for him soon enough, and he'll move on to the some actress. I don't want a relationship, you know that Greta."

Greta looked disappointed, but she didn't press the issue. She went back to dusting, and Eleni went back to work writing the script.

It's almost finished, Eleni thought to herself. I'll have it done by tomorrow, I will give Evan a copy, and that will be the end of it.

But her mind kept returning to that night, she hadn't been that drunk, and it had been incredible.
(Author's note) This is a short chapter, I know. I have sorta have an outline for this story, but I am mostly freestyling and throwing words out like paint, to see what sticks to the wall. I don't know, I just liked the storm imagery for this chapter; I may or not make it longer. What do you think? 

Should I keep going with this chapter, or would writing more ruin the power of the storm imagery? I could write a paragraph with Eleni in her house, miles away, watching the storm and being distracted by thoughts of Evan, and not being able to focus on the screenplay she is working on.

I promised I would post a new chapter after Halloween, so I wanted to post something, even if it is short.

UPDATE: I am going to take a break from this story, just for a couple of weeks, while I working on my full-length book for NaNoWriMo. I will come back to this one and write more. Stay tuned!!