Chapter XXX: Friendly neighborhood

(Edited)

"Peter your heart is beating really fast."

Karen, the young hero's AI spoke to him with worry in her robotic yet human voice as he swung down from a tall building and landed in front of a donut shop.

"Isn't my heart always beating fast? Because of my abilities?" He asked her smiling underneath his mask as customers came up to him with excited expressions holding their phones ready for a picture with their favorite superhero.

"That may be true but it's beating faster than normal? Should we tell (Y,n) you have to rest?"

Peter posed a few times and gave hugs to his fans, enjoying the fact that people loved him just as much as they loved any other Avenger. "No, I'm fine, Karen. I don't need to rest-- Hey, stay in school kids!" The real reason his fast pace heart was beating more was that he drank around four bottles of five-hour energy to stay awake through the day from barely getting eight hours of sleep. If his parents found out about him not sleeping they would most definitely take away his electronics and his suit until he got a good night's sleep.

Who knows what (Y,n) would do to him, probably knock him out.

"Can I just get a cream-filled donut?" He asked the cashier who looked nervous and had a small smile on her lips which made Peter smile at her but, of course, she couldn't see it. He had to admit, she was pretty cute.

He spent his day looking out for the mysterious woman with platinum hair, having Karen keep a small image of the woman on the side of his mask so whenever he saw someone who looked slightly like her all he had to do was glance over.

As he landed on top of another building Peter walked towards the edge planning on sitting down and taking a break while he ate his donut but he slowly stopped walking as his hands shook with fear alerting Karen,

"Peter? Peter, your adrenaline just spiked. Are you--"

Her words were drowned out as he stared at the ledge and started to hyperventilate as his right hand crushed the brown paper bag trying not to remember that horrible incident. "She's alive... She's alive..." Peter mumbled to himself, shaking his head a few times to get rid of the images that flooded his head and haunted his dreams.

He hasn't talked to either of his friends nor his parents about that day. Why should he? Peter has been crushed by a building and got out, he didn't feel the need to tell them no matter how scared he was so how was it any different from this situation?

"You crazy bitch! Get the fuck off me!"

"Stop yelling, geez dude"

Hearing the cries of a man the young hero's defense mode switched back as he walked towards the other side of the building where a black-haired woman was pushing a man against the wall of the alleyway, what confused Peter is that she had his hand on his chest and the man acted as if he couldn't move.

"Listen, I didn't do anything--"

"I wouldn't call being a drug dealer not doing anything. Have you seen this woman?" The woman pulled out her phone and showed the same picture of the mysterious Lady, Peter is looking for as well.

"N-no man, just let me go already!"

The woman sighed and looked up in annoyance just to catch a certain masked arachnid. "I didn't know spider kid was such a creep." She called out watching as Peter jerked back before jumping down to stand awkwardly next to her,

"It's spiderman, man, not kid" He corrected, deepening his voice as he did. "And I'm not a creep for you're information, I just so happen to be searching for the same woman" A small smile crept onto the woman's face causing her to scoff and looked away.