Chapter XXIII: New beginnings

(Edited)

(Y,n)

She stood in front of the mirror and fixed what she called her monkey suit which was really just black dress pants, a white button-up blouse and a black blazer that belong to Eddie. Even though she's never seen him wear it (Y,n) had a pretty guess that he was saving it for the wedding with Anne that never happened.

"You look fine, (Y,n). Better than fine, actually."

Her eyes traveled from her body to the one and only Tony Stark standing in of the of a public bathroom doorway, which was for women. When she didn't say anything in response he walked in the bathroom and stood next to her with a nervous smile plastered on his lip. "How do I look? Presentable or a nervous hot wreck? Really, anyone of those options is correct," Tony fixes his red tie and then starts with the cuffs of his fine suit.

"You're nervous? You've only just learned about his existence while I've been trying to gain custody since I left my brother's little mafia." (Y,n) mumbled but it was still loud enough for him to hear and gasp dramatically at her words,

"Well, I'm sorry you never told me that I had a secret son-- you could have told me all those years ago but instead you didn't,"

"Tony, you know damn well it wasn't easy for me. No one could know dickhead."

Their argument was on hold as a woman flushed the toilet and came out of one of the stalls with a look of shock and excitement from seeing Tony Stark. "Don't you dare ask for a picture," (Y,n) told the woman as she closed together with the middle button on her blazer and glared at the woman through the mirror while Tony simply winked at the woman.

"Tony, (Y,n)-- they're ready."

They both turned around to see Pepper opening the bathroom door and waving to them. The two adults followed her out and towards the courtroom where their family was already seated.

Steve, Natasha, Clint, Wanda, Vision, Pietro, Bruce, Bucky, Sam, Scott, and Mrs. WaterField with her son Carson and of course Jack sat at the front with Peter, Morgan, Eddie, and now Tony, Pepper, and (Y,n) herself. "You didn't tell me the whole ass Avengers was going to be here." She whispered to Tony before glancing back at the team and giving them a small smile.

"Why wouldn't they come?" He asked, "Plus, they would kill me if I said no."

The judge quieted down the courtroom and folded his hands while leaning away from his chair, "In family court, we usually deal with things that no family should go through so on a day such as rare as this one where we get to smile at work it means a great deal." He looked towards the front row where Jack was seated who was, not to anyone surprise, clinging to (Y,n)'s like a koala bear. "We are here today to officially create a new beginning but first, by law, I have to ask once again..." (Y,n) swallowed nervously, already knowing what he was going to ask.

"Jack... Do you want (Y,n) Kasady and Tony Stark to adopt you and be your legal parents again?"

Everyone in the courtroom stared at Jack as he sat up straight from his leaning form and glanced at the crowd and then to (Y,n) before nodding to the judge. "Hell yeah," He said in confidence, everyone couldn't help but laugh a bit too loud before shutting their mouths. He was already taking a page out of her book.

"Alright then" The judge unfolded his hands and picked up his pen, hovering it over the papers on his desk. "(Y,n) Kasady, Tony Stark, and Eddie Brock-- Do you welcome Jack into your family?" The three of them looked at each other and nodded,

"Of course, your honor."

"Yes, we do."

"That's why we're here isn't it."