✯✯Chapter 15✯✯

Their eyes widened as the sudden cry reached their ears

Their eyes widened as the sudden cry reached their ears. They instantly rushed toward the room.

In front of them was a heartwrenching sight.

The usual cheerful and kind Y/N sat there with her palms pressed against the floor having a total break down. Her hand was clutching a piece of paper. She was a crying mess. She kept muttering Arima's name with every sob.

Arimori and Rokuro immediately rushed towards her side. Arimori took the paper out of her hand. He patted her back repeatedly to soothe her.

Her cries were full of anguish and hurt. Mayura took the piece of paper. Benio also peered from her shoulder to take a look at the content. Shimon rushed to the kitchen to bring a glass of water.

The two girls could only widen their teary eyes after reading.

" I am sorry. I broke our promise Y/N-chan. Let's meet and become best friends again in our next life. I'll be waiting..

Love,
Arima"

Now they understood the reason for her miserable condition.

Y/N had bottled up all her emotions until now. All the tears since Arima's death. But now the note was the last straw. Her dam of emotions broke. Her emotions blurted out like water spilling from a fountain. She couldn't hold in her emotions anymore.

Arimori managed to hold back his tears but hearing her cries, he finally broke.

"Arima... Why... Why did this happen... Why.. Arima.. Why did you ..." More tears streamed down her face with every word she spoke.

Mayura heard loud and hurried footsteps. She poked her head past the door and her eyes widened as she saw who was coming.

"D-dad?"

Seigen made his way towards Y/N. Arimori and Rokuro made space for him.

He lifted her face and frowned when he saw her condition. Her face was tear-stained. Her hair messy. Her eyes bloodshot and flooding with emotions.

Hurt

Anger

Anguish

Pain

He gently wiped her tears and hugged her.

"Seigen... Arima.. Why... If only I was powerful enough... I could have saved him.... But... Why... It's all my fault..." He rubbed her arms.

"Shh... Y/N calm down... Stop blaming yourself..." He kept whispering comforting words hoping to calm her down. But all his efforts were in vain.

He gestured Rokuro to call Kankuro. Rokuro immediately dialled his number and gave him a brief explanation of the matter.

After 15 minutes, Kankuro arrived. He gave her a sedative injection for it was the only way to calm her. Since she was just discharged from the hospital, crying this much will only worsen her health.

Meanwhile, Seigen signalled everyone else to leave the room.

With time, her cries died. A long silence hung over them. The sound of her evened breathing and calmed heartbeat indicated that she was asleep.

Seigen gently carried her and laid her down on Arima's bed. He pulled the cover and caressed her hair gently before turning off the lights.

"Take care, Y/N."
.
.
.

"I can't understand one thing... I know how much she is affected by his death... But her reaction.. It's like she considered him more than a best friend.." Mayura wondered out loud.

"Because she loves him." Seigen cleared her doubt.

"And the note? Which promise?" Rokuro asked Arimori hoping maybe he knew something only to see Arimori shrugging his shoulders in denial.

"They made a promise to each other... To be best friends forever.. To never separate from each other... She was close to Arima.. Their parents were often busy in their works.. So they spend time together..." Seigen answered.

◦•●◉✿◦•●◉✿❣❁❣✿◉●•◦✿◉●•◦

Y/N found herself standing in the middle of a flower field.

"Y/N-chan!!!!" She turned around and saw a young Arima standing with his pinky finger out.

"Let's promise to stay together forever... To never get separated." He said with a wide smile.

Just as she was going to entwine her finger, the scene changed. The memory of Arima dying played before her.

Tears spilt out of her eyes. Her body startred trembling. Her breathing sped up.

"No!!!"

Suddenly, she found herself standing in a black void. Voices echoed around her.

"Y/N-chan! You could have saved me!!!" She recognised that voice. It was her love, Arima's voice.

She covered her ears and crouched down.

"No!!!"

"You aren't strong!! You couldn't save your love!!"

"Please!!! Stop!!!!"

"You-"

"NO!!!!!"

She woke up. Her hand was reaching out to the ceiling. Her body was trembling and sweating. Her breath ragged. She sat up and found herself in Arima's room. Realizing it was just a nightmare, she plopped down in the bed again.

After calming down, her gaze fell upon the medicines kept at the side table. She took them and left the room. She entered her room and went to wash up and freshen up.

Rokuro, Shimon were playing a board game to distract themselves. Mayura and Benio were involved in some conversation. Y/N descended from the stairs.

"MOM!!!" Arimori rushed to her side and helped her sit at the couch.

"Good Morning, Y/N-san!"

She greeted them back. Her voice croaked. They noticed her condition. Her eyes are puffy. Her hair was a tangled mess. All because of the tears and sobs from the last night. Her eyes were dull and emotionless.

The memory of her crying last night made their heartache and stomachs churn.

From that day, her life turned upside down. Everyone noticed how much she has changed. There was no sign of the usually cheerful and kind Y/N. All they could see was the Y/N who was like a broken and lifeless doll after losing her love in front of her eyes.

◦•●◉✿◦•●◉✿❣❁❣✿◉●•◦✿◉●•◦

FEEDBACK!
Please vote!

I hope you all are not getting bored of this fanfic.