Chapter Six - scented invitations

CHAPTER SIX – scented invitations

During lunch time Monday morning, Crystal handed each of us an envelope.

My name was written in front in Crystal's nice bold handwriting (she started getting into calligraphy a year ago) while the back of the envelop was sealed with wax with a dog treat design to it.

I smirked at Crystal and pointed at the wax seal. "Looks like you finally used my gift to you."

She gave me a finger-heart.

I gave her a wax seal set as a present for her birthday last month.

Crystal loves anything stationery related.

Just give her a pen (more preferably Muji) and she'll love you forever.

"This looks so dope dude," Tamsin exclaimed, twisting the envelop in his hands back and forth and brought it to his nose. "And it's scented!"

Crystal gave him a finger-heart. "Of course!" She beamed and slid an envelope to Travie who was sitting beside me who looked surprised at receiving one.

Crystal winked at me.

I'd invited Travie to sit with us today for lunch so he could hang out with my friends and I. His friends from the chess club didn't seem to mind.

We opened Crystal's enveloped in sync and pulled out a card with Crystal's neat calligraphy written on it.

You are cordially invited to

MAYA'S 3rd BIRTHDAY PARTY

This 25th of October at

2:30 PM-5:30PM

Crystal Pangilinan's House

145 Hudson Drive, Marysville, WA

PS. Bring your fur babies!

"Maya's three already?" Jamal exclaimed, gawking at the invitation in his hand. "It seems like it was only yesterday when she was still a cute puppy!"

"I know, right?" Crystal mused, a nostalgic expression on her face.

I turned to Travie and saw him gaping at the card in his hand. "You're throwing your dog a birthday party?" he asked Crystal incredulously.

Crys shrugged, clearly not offended by Travie's question. "Yeah, of course. It's her birthday. We love celebrating birthdays of our fur babies."

"It's gonna be fun, Trav." I nudged him at his side. "Last summer during Peanut's birthday, we had a pool party."

I quickly scrolled through my phone and showed him a photo of Peanut on the pool on top of huge rubber duck floatie wearing sunglasses.