Barrel's Game (Ch. 25)

Caution: This chapter is rated PG-14 for sexual content.

Chapter 25

You look like you're in another world,

But I can read your mind, how can you be so far away?

Lying by my side when I go away, I'll miss you,

And I will be thinking of you every night and day,

(Song: Promise Me)

"...up."

?

"Wake up!" I hear shouting.

My eyes slowly open and a blurry outline of a body is standing over me. Hands are on my shoulders shaking me violently.

"Wake up already!" Barrel's deep voice spoke. My vision becomes clearer and I notice his barrel necklace swinging across his chest above my head.

"I'm up." I groan.

"Damn, you're such a heavy sleeper."

I sit up against the wall, the chains clinging as I move.

"We don't have much time. I sent Gonzales away to fetch supplies around the castle. I'm tired of searching endlessly for the damn hideout. If I don't find it soon, I'll go insane." Barrel mumbled, I think to himself.

He pulled out the syringe that I dread so much.

There was really nowhere to go, or nothing to do or could do. I am chained to this wall, in a slimy, run-down cell. I can't fight back.

"Barrel...please." I plead, hoping that he will have pity on me.

He grins slyly at me. "Just be a good girl, and take this for me." He whispers pulling out the dark red substance from his belt.

"No...please..."

"Don't be frightened. We are going to play a fun game once this is all over."

I thrash around trying to get away. My body is shaking. My eyes are sunken. I can't think or even have the strength to look away from Barrel. My eyes are glued to his.

The syringe was filled and Barrel looks down upon me. As tears pour out of my eyes, he speaks.

"Don't look at me like that."

...

"Your beautiful face will be ruined if you cry." He kneels down next to me.

My eyes widen.

He reaches up to my face and caresses the left side of my cheek.

Chills run up and down my spine as his hand touched my face. I am disgusted.

I turn away.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Barrel started to laugh. I was shocked. I turn my attention to him and my eyes widen before the crazed man in front of me.

"HA! That's too bad. Seems like you won't be enjoying the game I have planned for you."

Within moments, the syringe pierces my neck and the substance surges throughout my body.

I can already feel my health deteriorating. My heartbeat growing rapid. I can feel my face getting pale.

Barrel removes the chains from my wrist.

Something odd had occurred to me.

Why haven't I feel faint yet?

I usually succumb to the substance and lose consciousness.