Chapter 23

After another few weeks of waiting bored in a storage room, (Y/N) was finally fully recovered from the accident. She had been going stir crazy from not seeing anything new or doing anything aside from sitting in a bed, and occasionally she would get up to walk around -with Toby's help- to make sure her leg was healing and not growing weak. But now she was finally going to leave the room.

Of course, she didn't hate the time she had spent in this creepy storage room. Toby had been with her as much as he could, and since she knew everything was now real, he happily answered any questions she might have had about Slenderman; a long awaited conversation for the girl had finally come true.

(Y/N) was amazed by what Toby had told her, about the hidden world of the Creepypastas. The twitching proxy had told her they had adopted the name from the fans, which she was told were just as creepy.

After learning of everything, she also finally met the mysterious fourth person that had been coming and going. Eyeless Jack. He was classed as her second doctor, since he knew human anatomy so well, and at first (Y/N) was unnerved by his lack of eyes and grey skin, but after talking to him began to relax.

However, the girl was also very nervous about being fully recovered. Because now she's ready for Slenderman to spring his unknown task on her. Toby already said he knew what it was, but he was sworn to secrecy and as much as he said he wanted to tell her, he told (Y/N) nothing. She was just praying it would be something easy, something that wouldn't scar her for life.

But when was killing anyone every easy?

After Dr. Smiley and EJ were done with their final check-up, Toby lead (Y/N) out into the open. The first thing she saw was a long hallway that stretched further than the eye could see. Toby had told her that the mansion was magical, it would form and destroy rooms to Slenderman's liking. Keeping that in mind, the house could be never ending if he so wished, and the outer architecture never changed. She had asked Toby how it worked, but he wasn't sure, he just knew Slenderman had something to do with it.

"Kinda like in Harry Potter." (Y/N) had said, thinking of the magical tents from the fourth movie.

And now she could see just how true that statement was. They walked down the fancy hallway, down the plush velvet carpet as she took in the marble, the red and gold wallpapers, the dark oak coloured framing. It looked so extravagant, so... Expensive. They continued down the hallway until they got to two sets of stairs leading down into the entrance. It was large, roomy, and Toby lead her to the large mahogany doors between the staircases.

Pushing on the door, they entered an office. Dark shelving, purple carpet, red curtains, it was dimly lit, and (Y/N) squinted to see the tall figure sitting behind the desk.

"Come in, sit." Slenderman's voice was in the girl's head and she jumped. Toby closed the doors behind them, silent as he lead (Y/N) over to the two seats. She sat down slowly, keeping her gaze lowered. There was a slight static to the air, and she was doing her best to ignore it.

"Is she aware of what is going on?" Slenderman then asked, his chair squeaking as he shifted, leaning his long arms on his desk.

Toby nodded, "Y-Yes, I t-t-told her everything."

"Everything?" His boss tilted his head.

"A-Aside from wh-wh-what the t-t-t-t-taaask is..." Toby corrected himself. He too was keeping his head lowered, his gaze to the floor. (Y/N) had never seen him so... Submissive? So this was what being a Proxy meant. Dread and doubt made her stomach turn cold, and Slender moved his head to focus on her. His blank face seemed to stare, burn her. The static grew louder.

"Alright. Well let's skip the boring details and get right into the reason we're all here." He said, "You are to prove yourself worthy of being my Proxy. Do you know what this means?"