Chapter 15

Hours had passed, the sun had disappeared behind the thick forest of trees that lined the side and back of the house. The room had grown dark, the sandwiches were slightly stale. The two hadn't moved from their position. Toby still had his arm around (Y/N), the girl was leaning into him, her eyes closed in sleep.

She had cried herself to exhaustion, and Toby had too much heart to try and move away. So he just accepted his fate as the pillow and sat at the foot of the door. He didn't have much else to do, just took in the room around him as he had done many times before. The posters of cute animals on the wall next to the window, something he never took notice of until now, the small desk that had notebooks and paper all over it, a spot for a laptop cleared and starting to look dusty.

The bed, whose sheets were a mess after Toby's countless nights of restless sleep. He felt bad for the girl next to him, knowing she had taken the place on the floor so he could have the comfy mattress. It didn't make much of a difference where he slept, because not only did he not feel it, but he hardly slept anyway.

Harry climbed out from under the bed, yawning and stretching his front legs in front of him. His head perked up when he saw the two humans and he walked over, sniffing (Y/N) and then Toby. His tail started wagging and he licked over Toby's mask, the man chuckled and gave the dog a pat on the head,

"Wh-Wh-Who's a goo-ood boy?" Toby asked, and the dog's tail wagged quicker at the praising question.

The boy chuckled, and Harry the changed his attention back to (Y/N). He walked over and laid next to her, resting his head on her thigh. He was a very good boy indeed, looking after his owner. It was a shame he couldn't stand up for her, Toby was sure the dog would rip people in two for the girl if he was smart enough.

Did Harry know what had gone on? Was that why he cuddled up to her right now? Or did he just know she was upset, he knew something was wrong?

Toby let out a sigh, turning his brown gaze towards the window. He wished he knew as well. And the murderer was sure it had to do with the girl's mother, but he couldn't jump to conclusions. He'd question (Y/N) about it when she woke up. He'd question why she suddenly wants to leave this place so bad.

Where would she even go? Toby reached over the girl's head to scratch at his masked-cheek, he didn't know of any other immediate family she had, and everyone at the funeral clearly wouldn't accept her into their homes. She couldn't just live on the street either, he wouldn't allow that.

And that's when an idea came to mind.

-No. Absolutely not- Slender was in his head in an instant, his voice sounded snappy.

-Oh come on boss, she has nowhere else to go, clearly no one here is treating her well- Toby said in his mind, closing his eyes.

-No, it's not even an option, I'd drop it now- Slenderman ordered.

-But where else is she going to go?- The man leant his head on her, her hair tickled his nose slightly but he didn't react, -She can't stay here-

-She is a liability to us, she will not be coming back with you- The demonic voice stated, -Whether she would reveal us or not, she is not needed here-

-But boss-

-Enough Tobias- Slenderman snapped once again, and Toby felt sick, the room started to spin, -You have disobeyed me for the last time, you are to return to the mansion immediately-

-With an injured leg?-

-You'll find a way-

Toby huffed and held his head with his spare hand, trying to ignore the sickness swirling around him, he frowned below the mask, -No. I'm staying here with (Y/N) until I've fully healed. It's what we agreed on, and this way I can keep an eye on her, and her family-