Chapter 14: The Second Test Pt.2

Bam Pov

After the very unexpected event that went down in the bathroom, we strolled down to where we sat down previously. Mr. Rak was still there, half-awake.

I looked over to the silvery-blue haired male beside me as we sat down on the same couch. He looked tense, and his cheeks were slightly pink? Should I ask him about it? A bunch of questions started to fill my head, yet I had a feeling that I shouldn't ask Mr. Khun about it.

I glanced around to the other groups around us. Most of them were still sleeping, although Mr. Shibisu was awake and was at the cafeteria buying food.

"Mr. Khun?" I asked.

He turned his head half-way to me and gave me a small smile. "Just Khun remember."

"Ah, sorry." I stuttered out. "Can we eat now I'm hungry?"

Khun sat up and grabbed his suitcase. "Sure, let's see what they have at the cafeteria. Hopefully, we can get some free food too."

"Ok!" I hopped out of the couch and quickly followed him.

Before we got too far away, a loud snort came from behind us and I whipped my head around to see what it was, only to find Mr. Rak sitting up.

"Turtles, where are you going." He said.

"We are going to get food. Khun wants to check if it's free too!" I replied enthusiastically.

He snorted again. "Get me 10 bananas."

"T-ten bananas?!"

Khun grabbed my arm clicking his tongue. "You should be glad if we get any at all."

He let go and walked up to the man working there, I followed him to the grey, marble counter as he began to speak.

"Hello, Sir, what can I get for you?" The short man on the other side asked, flipping through a notepad.

Khun glanced at me then looked back, hmm I wonder why he did that.

"Does all the food have to be paid with points? Is there any way we can get them somewhat free?"

The man gave us a skeptical glare. "You don't only pay for the food, you also pay for the service. So no, you must pay something."

Khun sighed. "Then what are the options here?"

He leaned forward and tapped his chin where there was growing stub. "Well, how about we start easy. First, pass the next test and you can get one free meal for your entire team."

My friend frowned. "We need something to eat now, later isn't an option. How about you feed us now instead."

"Aren't you a cocky bastard, eh?"

"Being confident during times like these is a good thing, unless you have any objections?" Khun's lips formed a smirk, one that I was already familiar with.

The man sighed and nodded his head. "Alright, we can do that. But a friendly reminder before you eat," He stared right into Khun's eyes, it made me uncomfortable with him looking at my friend like that. "if you don't pass, I'll make sure you pay one way or another."

Khun clenched his hands against the counter. "Fine."

"Now that is settled, come back in thirty minutes and we'll have something for you, how many teammates do you have?" He asked while he scribbled something on his notepad.

"Three."

"Okay, now get out of here before I change my mind." The man replied.

Khun walked away cursing under his breath, I quickly tagged along not wanting to be left alone. As I caught up with him I observed his face, his facial features were tense, no longer soft and soothing whenever he looked at me.

"Khun?" I called out his name.

Just as expected he looked at me with a soft smile. "What is it Bam?"

"Don't be too upset, at least we know have something to eat!" I gave him a big smile.

"True, but he now has us in his records. I want to leave without any connections to others." He said while he sat on the couch, I copied his actions and sat beside him.

I poked his arm. "I'm an exception right?"

"Of course you are, you are my teammate and friend."

I smiled at myself looking down at my hands. Khun is such a good person, I want to not be a burden anymore. Only if I was stronger, I made my fists into a ball.

To my surprise, a gentle hand was placed above mine. I looked up to see Khun smiling at me, the apparent owner of these soft hands.

I grinned back at him letting my hands go loose, he removed his hands and placed them back to his sides. I felt a little sad that the warmth he gave was slowly disappearing, I wanted Khun to hold them longer.

"Mic test, mic test. Can you hear me, fellow commoners?" A voice of a woman filled the room.

Mutters were flowing throughout the crowd of people until one person spoke up.

"Yes." He was a fairly short guy with dark green hair and was holding a red needle in his right hand.

"Thank you! As you all know, the test will soon begin. But before it does, which approximately means in the next two hours or so, I will be explaining the rules of the test! This will be called the Crown Game!

"Each team will consist of three players....."
(I think ya'll get the drift I don't feel like explaining the entire thing XD)

"Is that understood?" The lady in the microphone ended the explanation.

"Mr. Khun? Do you think we'll be able to win the test? Only the top six can pass." I hesitantly asked the blue-haired man beside me.

He gave me a confident smile. "Yes, yes we are."

I smiled back nodding my head and looked at the floor. Mr. Khun was smart, he was also a good fighter. I'm so glad I teamed up with him, or really him thinking that I was worthy enough of being in a team with him. How did I get so lucky?

Taking in the sight of the man beside me, I softly smiled, he's also so very pretty. I like his hair and deep blue-combat eyes. They shined whenever he would look at me.

I quickly turned my head when I saw him flinch to my direction. I can't wait to introduce Khun to Rachel.

~ Vincent