Chapter 6: The Village

This is gonna be a light chapter, not too much is gonna happen. Just our favorite ship having quality time together. ;) Also, it might be a lot longer than the rest, gotta give Khun the time to hit on Bam like the anime, HAH. The 'exploring' will be split up into two parts, so it will come in an hour or so.

Khun Pov

Bam knew basically nothing. Nothing about the Island, nothing about the people, nothing about the system, and not even food! Like who doesn't know what a banana is?

We found our place to sleep a few hours ago, but Bam insisted on us eating before we go. Our place was pretty simple, it was a room with two beds, a sofa, a washroom, and a small kitchen. The lady said that the first month rent can be free since we just got here, I guess it was true that everyone in the Village is incredibly nice. 

The beds had light brown covers and the mattress was...decent. It was fairly good quality knowing that rent itself is fairly cheap, around 130* points a month. The walls were white and the floor had a ruff, black carpet covering it. The sofa was light-brown mahogany, which Rak always used for himself.

*Points: The currency for the Island.(Yeah, I know 'so' creative, haha)

The kitchen had a black stove that could fit at least 2 pots, there were also a couple of orange-brown cupboards above the stove. Beside the stove there was a white dotted marble counter, it was somewhat okay to cook in. I'd probably have to do most of it anyway. Bam doesn't know how to cook and I wouldn't trust that 'gator with anything.

Although, since there was only two beds, Bam and I had to share while Rak took one to himself. I didn't really mind sharing, it's just that it's my first time ever doing that with someone. Bam told me he's never been in a bed, so that might be a problem.

The two of us went down the stairs to the lobby where we can find some simple snacks, hopefully they could let us pay later once we earn a bit of money. Rak still said that he wouldn't come with us, saying 'I don't want to hang out with baby turtles' and 'Hunter's and Prey's don't hang out with each other'. 

What an idiot.

"Khun!" Bam said my name.

I turned around to face him. We were in line to get some food at the small cafeteria the apartment had to offer. "What is it Bam?"

"Can I try the cookie!" He excitedly said. "It looks so cool! I've never tried one before! Please Khun?" 

I smiled. "Yeah of course you can, I already told you to choose whatever you want. I'll deal with the points." I pointed at an empty table. "Go sit down while I order. I don't want you getting a stomach ache from walking and eating at the same time."

Bam nodded his head and skipped to the table.

He didn't look like a boy, as a matter of fact he might look even older than me. But he acts like a child, brand new to the world. Excited about everything the world had to offer.

Once I reached the front of the line I made my order. "Hi. Can I get a chocolate chip cookie, a hot chocolate, and a black coffee please?" (I'm from Canada this is all I know lmao)

The lady lightly blushed. Jackpot.

"O-of course. That will be 15 points." She managed to stutter out.

I sighed, scratched the back of my neck and put a hand on my hip. "You see, I just got here, and I don't have any points with me currently. Is there any chance I can, well, pay it later?" I winked at the last word.

She started blushing furiously. "I-I, um, YA! S-sure anything y-you want!"

I faked my excitement. "Really? You would do that for me?!" 

"Y-yes. Would that be a-all?" 

Well in that case since I get everything for free...

"Would it be a problem if you could add the, oh...which one would you reccommend? The chocolate or vanilla cake?" I smiled waving my hand around.

"Uh-um, I like the vanilla cake b-better, it's less sweet." The lady said.

I put my hand on the counter and leaned forward. "If you say so. My final order is one chocolate chip cookie, one hot chocolate, one black coffee, and one vanilla cake." I distanced ourselves again. "Did you get all of that?"

She nodded her head, face red, and dashed off into the kitchen.

A few seconds later she came back out with a tray containing everything that I ordered in both hands.

I took the tray with one hand, and held her slim hand with my other and lightly kissed the top of her knuckles. "Thank you." I winked and walked away. 

I reached Bam's table and he was already itching with excitement to see the cookie, I was about to say something, but he beat me to it.

"Khun! You and the lady got along well! I'm so happy that you made another friend!" He grinned at me.

 No, I was using her. "Yeah, I guess so."

"You even held her hand! She looked so happy!" He said.

Well, cheers to my amazing acting.

"Here Bam. This is your cookie. I also ordered a hot chocolate for you, but be careful it's a hot beverage so let it cool down first." I handed him his cookie on a small plate and his hot chocolate in a white mug.

"Thank you, Khun!" Bam thanked me then picked up the cookie.

I waited till he tried it, I wanted to see his reaction. He took his first bite, and his eyes sparkled, literally. "Khun! Khun! It's so good! You have to try it too!" He broke a piece off from the other side that he bit and handed it to me.

I softly shook my head. "No thank you, just eat."

Bam shook his head too. "No, you have to try it! It's the best thing I've ever tasted, now open your mouth!" 

Sighing, I opened my mouth while he gently put the cookie in it. 

"It's so good right!" He asked me with joyous face.

I nodded my head, but inside I felt utterly shocked and a little bit sad.

The cookie was stale.

My eyes wondered down to the cookie, it wasn't sweet at all. The chocolate chips were more bitter than sweet and the dough was dry, yet he said it was the best thing he has ever tasted. How did this happen? Where did he come from? What does he normally eat?

I bit my lip and picked up my mug that had my black coffee in it and took a small sip. I had so many questions that I wanted to ask, I looked at Bam. He was happily eating, crumbs everywhere and a bright twinkle in his eyes. I'll ask him later, I don't want to ruin the mood.

I set my coffee down and rested my head on my palm putting my elbow on the table, I gazed at him. 

Who is this guy?

~Hailey