Chapter 1

I gritted my teeth while waiting for my friend, Hannah, at the doctor's office. A stuck-up 13 year old kept talking about Hannah. The doctors in the sign-in part of the office wouldn't shut-up talking about my friend. It kept getting on my nerves, but I have to just keep my mouth shut. Hannah has a slew of things wrong with her, and the whole city knows who she is. These people in our town, all spread rumors about Hannah, and it almost shatters me.

The stuck-up 13 year-old turned to me and said, "I'd hate to be her friend, she wouldn't be any good of a friend" said the girl sarcastically.

I replied back, "Keep your mouth shut. You don't know Hannah like I do. She's the sweetest and most kindest person I've ever met. You have no reason to talk about her like that."

Then the doctor suddenly opened up the door, for Hannah to come out. I got out of that doctor's office as soon as I could. That girl had no reason whatsoever to talk about my best friend like that. Nobody has a reason to talk about others, to say the least.

I glanced over at Hannah, and asked her what the doctor told her.

Hannah immediately started to tear up, but was still trying to keep a strong and brave face on.

"Emma, the doctors told me I have leukemia" replied Hannah.

I started to break-down after hearing the word "leukemia".

"You're kidding right?! Please tell me your joking. Your the bestest of friend I've ever had. I can't afford to loose you now. Please tell me your kidding! Please!" I said in an emotional voice.

"No, I'm not" Hanna said in a depressed voice.

I tried telling myself Hannah will be just fine, the doctors will take good care of her, right? She'll be fine. But I still couldn't convince myself to believe these words. I knew what would happen. But I just can't pull myself to accept that fact.