Never A Burden Pt 2

Lauren quickly re-familiarized herself with the kitchen, and busily set straight to work on making Camila's favourite dish. If Camila was hungry, then she was going to get the best because she deserved the best. So said girl, perched herself on a stall by the table at the center of the room so as not to get in the way of the stampeding girl, she found it almost funny at how energetic Lauren became. She wasn't even that serious when she said she was hungry, but it was far too late to tell her now. The green eyed girl, had out every pot, pan, and utensil she needed and swept up the ingredients as if she knew them like the back of her hand. Camila could only sit and which in awe, she couldn't cook but she had a lot of deep founded respect for people who made time to take up the culinary art. Lauren had constantly reminded her 'she was no chef herself' but regardless, Camila still thought she was incredible, performing each task with such ease. There was no doubt in her mind that what would come up in the end would be an unquestionably historic, astounding Jauregui dish. Lauren had offered to teach the Cuban girl before, alongside her mother who repeatedly tried to get the girl involved, but Camila preferred to spend the time eating the food than the time spent to make it. 

Lost in all of the commotion, Camila was slightly startled as Lauren almost slammed a cutting board onto the table in front of her and drew out a knife from the stack in the corner. 

'If you stab yourself with that, you've only got yourself to blame' she informed, concerned for the girls safety. 'Slow down, i'm not going to kill over from starvation'. 

'Don't worry, i've done this before...' Camila not looking completely convinced.'Trust me, i'm a professional'. Because now she was convinced. She watched as Lauren carefully sliced the Plantains into even pieces, the older girl noticing her watching intently.

'Now if i hand you the knife, and trust you to have a go, do you promise not to stab yourself?' Lauren quipped.

'Nope' yelped Camila excitedly as she eagerly took the knife from Lauren and began cutting the pieces. It was admittedly harder than it looked, some pieces cutting more evenly than others. Her slices were almost embarrassing compared to Lauren's and she looked down at them frustratingly. 

'Here' Lauren offered. She moved forward until she was pushed up closely behind Camila's back whilst looking over the younger girls shoulder. She took Camilas left hand and placed it on the plantain and with her right she held the knife over the plantain. Gently she lowered the hand and applied pressure leaving a straight cut and watching as a nice even piece fell to the side. 

'Oh my god, Lauren that one came out great!' she bounced rather too happily for her small victory.

'That one, that singular one'  Lauren teased, receiving an elbow to the ribs from Camila. 

'Don't mock me!' she grumbled, pouting droopily. 

'But you make it so easy for me to mock you' she laughed to herself, noticing the evident pout growing more and more droopy on the younger girls face. 'I'm sorry, you know i'm only messing with you' she lent onto the other girls shoulder before quickly placing a quick peck on the side of her forehead. She pushed away and semi lifted Camila up to place her aside. 'C'mon let's get these done' Lauren swiftly finished cutting up the Plantains and placed them into a pan on the stove and adding some hot oil, she slid slices of cheese and ham into each one. She sprinkled a pinch of salt and waited for them to cook. Whisking away all the items she used to make the dish, Camila again sat perched amused with the image of Lauren running this way and that, her focus and concentration never deterring as she realizes she's running the wrong way and switches direction. She could watch her do this all day, well she practically had been for the most of it.

Another moment i don't want to end i suppose.

The room was now filled with the tantalizing smell of freshly cooked stuffed Plantains. Camila was practically swooning, the aura overriding each of her five senses, her craving seeming to muster more than before.