The Begging Question

To everyone's relief the next couple of days went by quickly, and to Camila's comfort no one really went into any great depth about what happened on stage. Now she just wanted to focus on getting ready for their last show before the tour, and devising a plan to figure out Lauren's feelings. At the hotel she was bunked with Dinah, she loved the Polynesian girl to pieces as she was always ready to listen whenever she had any problems. Although a part of her really wanted to be partnered with Lauren, but she thought better of it as being alone with her might not have been the best thing to do right now. As much as she wanted to act on her feelings, the past couple of days would have been pointless if she just grabbed the girl and kissed her. Plus the humiliation afterwards after having made herself vulnerable and the chance of being rejected, but she was a girl in love and completely smitten, she only has so much control over her actions. 

'Hey Dinah, can i ask you a question?' The Cuban girl pondered, not looking up at her best friend. 

'Sure, Mila what's going on?' she replied curiously. Camila not being aware Dinah knew about her feelings toward Lauren thought carefully about how she wanted to word the question, as she desperately needed someone to talk to about it.

'Let's say i have this friend...' she started. Dinah raised her eyebrows.

'Okay'

'And she has a huge crush on someone she's close with, but she doesn't want to just tell the girl up front because she's afraid of how they might react...

'Right'

'How would you suggest she deal with that?'

''Well, if it was me i would just tell them. If they shoot you down then it just wasn't meant to be' she eyed the smaller girl carefully, evidently disappointed by her response as a pout slowly arose on her face. 'But since it's not me... ' she continued, thinking about what Camila had been doing for the past couple of days. 'I would subtly hint it to so said person and hope that sooner or later they caught on'. 

'But let's say, they all ready tried that' she proposed.

'Did this other person respond in any way?' Dinah was just fishing now, keen to know more. 

'Oh yeah...' Camila recalled a few of the encounters she and Lauren had had. 

'Well then i think either they like you... i mean them' Dinah cursed internally at her error, but was grateful when she saw Camila hadn't seemed to notice. 'Or they're trying to figure out whether this person really likes them or is just acting differently' Camila paused briefly, she hadn't looked at it that way, she knew sometimes it had gotten a little confusing, but she hadn't even considered the struggle Lauren might be having. She sat up from her seat on her bed and headed for the door.

'Thanks CheeChee, i needed that' she said before exiting the room as Dinah let the grin that was begging to come out spread across her face. She came across Ally and Normani who were apparently walking back to their room. 

'Hey Mila, what's up?' Ally inquired. 

'Have you guys seen Lauren?' She asked.

'Yeah, we were just with her in the cafeteria, we asked her if she wanted us to wait for her but she said she was fine on her own. She should still be down there.' Normani replied, nudging Ally gently who clasped her hands from excitement. 

'Thanks' Camila stated, before she brushed her band mates and headed for the stairs. The two girls waited for her to turn the corner before banging ferociously on Dinah's door, to which she opened it hastily and they dived into the room. The taller girl sat them down and explained her brief conversation with Camila.