Under Cover Of Night

That night the girls returned to the rooftop apartment they had rented after a long, exhausting day to enjoy their last moments of freedom before it was back to work and on the road again. They all got into their pajamas and gathered into the small seating area where copious amounts of food was spread throughout the room. Lauren was the last to enter as she addressed the group, Camila glancing up at her eagerly.

'So, I just got off the phone and you'll be happy to know interviews don't start till 2 pm tomorrow' Lauren laughed as she humorously watched all the discontented faces lighten up almost immediately. Normani even rose from her seat and picked up the dark haired girl and swung her around joyfully.

'That means we get to sleep IN!' She yelled.

'And we don't have to got to sleep EARLY!' Dinah bellowed, simultaneously taking out the other two girls as they collapsed into a mess on the sofa. Camila sat grinning at the display and Lauren poked her head out from the bundle with a piece of stray hair covering her face. She blew at it repeatedly but stubbornly it refused to move. Noticing the other girls struggle and chuckling under her breath, Camila walked slowly over capturing Lauren's gaze. She lent closely to the dark haired girls face and delicately moved the piece of hair. 

The green eyed girl smiled appreciatively and she watched the supple contour of the Cuban girls small figure return to her spot on the sofa. Normani and Dinah squirmed trying to push the other one up before Ally quickly ran over and helped them.

'As it is our last night of freedom, what should we do?' she inquired, once the three girls were separated. 

'I am very glad you asked Ally Cat' Camila stated and walked toward her bag sat in the corner of the room and pulled out what looked like a DVD. 

'The Notebook? Really Mila?' Dinah objected. Camila ignored her and slid the DVD into the machine without resistance then shuffled over to the sofa, pulling down some cushions from the sofa beside Lauren she made herself a nice little seating area. The four girls looked at each other momentarily before silently agreeing to the younger girls suggestion, Dinah and Normani moving to the other sofa whilst Ally sat in the recliner.

Lauren looked down at Camila and dropped a few pillows beside her; slipping down from her seat on the sofa, she didn't turn to look at the smirking brown eyed girl, instead focused on the television as the adverts flew by. As the main titles appeared on the screen Lauren looked quickly for the TV remote. Ally peered across and saw the remote sat on the arm rest behind Lauren.

'Hey Lauren' she said and she pointed behind her up at the small device. Lauren rotated her head to see where she was pointing but before she could get up from her spot she felt a warm hand rest firmly on her thigh. Camila leaned up across her, the girls torso resting inches from Lauren's face, as she slowly collected the remote. She lingered to try and see the play button and came back down to settle on her hind legs.

One hand was still on the older girls leg who was seemingly trying not to squirm under the younger girls touch.  Once she finally found it she climbed back onto her stack of cushions with her legs stretched out in front of her and tried to suppress a giggle when she felt Lauren's eyes burn into her. 

After about fifteen minutes into the film Lauren stood abruptly and walked into the kitchen, not bothering to answer the concerned looks she received from the two girls on the sofa. She figured the sound of the running tap would answer that question for her. Sure enough she saw them relax and focus their attention back on the screen. She ran the glass under the tap once more and took a large gulp of the cool liquid. 

How can she pull that off in front of all of them, or rather when did she get so confident? I would be terrified of getting caught but she made it seem like it was nothing. If only they had seen the obvious smirk on her face afterwards, then they would know something's up. Okay Camz, let's see how you react under the same circumstances... 

She poured away the rest of the liquid and placed the glass on the kitchen counter, before re-entering the living room and sitting back down beside Camila. Only this time she purposefully sat much closer to the shorter girl and subtly slid her right arm through the gap between Camila's back and the sofa. Camila jumped slightly as she felt Lauren tenderly stroke at her side, even moving her hand up and down slowly. She knew the Cuban girl was ticklish and that each gentle brush of her fingertips would drive the girl insane. Camila shifted awkwardly in her seat as Lauren moved higher each time she came back down and clenched her fist, slamming it down into one of the pillows beside her. 

 She looked sternly over at Lauren who again paid no attention to her, feigning innocence about the whole thing, however, she did look across at Ally every now and then as she was in clear view of all of this. She almost felt bad for the struggling girl who had now resorted to biting her lip to suppress any form of scream or laughter, a move that made Lauren melt internally. The soft fabric of Camila's pyjama top only made the butterflies in her stomach flutter even more and so lost in her thoughts her hand slid lower as it reached the hem of her top. A spark shot through her eyes at the sound of Camila inhale a short quiet breath. Her shuffling paused altogether when a hesitant hand made it's way slowly into the inner confines of the garment. 

Jesus Lauren... this is so not fair, and... Ally is right there! Seriously, how can you sit and pretend like this isn't happening right now... i am so going to get you back. How about live television?

Lauren's pride softened as Camila's expression changed, she sat nervously when the brown eyed girl turned to her side, picking up two pieces of popcorn from a bowl beside Lauren's roaming hand. She licked her lips and placed one piece in her mouth before returning to face the worried looking girl. Placing her left hand firmly on the older girls thigh once more, her jaw dropped and Camila pushed herself closer until their noses were almost touching. She raised her free hand and placed the piece of popcorn into Lauren's mouth and licked her lips once more. 

Lauren stunned, merely sat and watched Camila kiss the tip of her nose before pushing away from her. The older girl slid her arm back out from under Camila's back and returned her attention to the screen once more having completely lost track of what was going on. Neither of them noticed Ally smiling giddily in her seat and tactfully communicating to the other band members sat across from her, Dinah channeling her excitement by crushing Normani in her arms as they rocked side to side on the sofa. 

The movie soon finished, and Normani turned to look at Camila who would usually be a pile of mush.

'No tears today Mila?' She asked, Camila looking up at her tensely.

'No i wasn't really paying attention...' she paused, looking at all the entertained faces.

'Something else on your mind?' Ally quipped with a phony concerned expression. Lauren turned to look at her, not reacting just looking intently into her eyes, like that was a small thing.

'No, I was just thinking about how busy we're going to be, maybe not as much tomorrow, but the rest of the week and then it's the show-' She was interrupted by a pair of long arms around her shoulders.

'Is gon' be okay Chancho, we have another break soon before we go on tour' Dinah reminded her. 'And since we have time tomorrow, why don't we go for pancakes as our last meal?'

'We're not on death row D Mac' Lauren joked. 

'But Pancakes Lo, Yas!' Ally wailed.

'Okay, okay, but we have to be back at the tour bus by twelve. So i suggest if we actually want to be able to get up tomorrow, we should get some sleep' Normani advised. The girls silently agreed, and clambered into their sleeping bags and under their duvets. 

I guess that's that on Camila's little games for now right? There's no way she'd try anything with strangers and cameras around... She totally would wouldn't she... at least i might get to see if she's serious or not. Tomorrow just became a lot more interesting.