Water Works Pt 1

As the two girls approached the water fountain having spent the journey there in a tense unbreakable silence, they were relieved to see the three girls sitting at the fountain laughing away to themselves. The group turned to greet their friends while  Normani raised an eyebrow at the pair having sensed the awkwardness between them and subtly highlighted it to the other two girls. 

'Hey guys, what have you been up to?' Ally inquired innocently.

'Yeah Chancho, you've been gone for ages, Normani was gonna abandon you!' Dinah joked.

'What! No i wasn't, you were! Normani proclaimed. 

'Look we can talk about what Dinah was or wasn't going to do, or we can go do something!' Ally interjected. Dinah pretended to be hurt and placed her hand on her chest.

'You always take her side!' she whined. 

'That's because Ally loves me more than you, 'Normally' forever!' she yelled before splashing Dinah with a handful of fountain water. Watching the girls face become very agitated Normani quickly decided to run as she was chased down the street by a drenched and angry Dinah. Ally, Lauren and Camila just stood and watched them disappear round a corner, Dinah right on the other girls heels. 

'Normani is toast' Camila stated matter of factly.

'You said it' Lauren agreed, looking across at the brown haired girl without moving her head as she did the same. Ally turned back and coughed loudly so they focused their attention on her.

'You didn't answer my question. Where were you guys?' she asked again. The two exchanged a brief glance and Camila looked down to Lauren's lips, even as Lauren turned to speak.

'We walked for a while, poked around a few shops. Ended up near the other end of the high street at this bookstore and perused the fine 'novella's' in there for a while.'

'Okay 'chica's' Ally laughed at the joke she made. 'Find anything interesting?' Lauren was about to answer but Camila spoke first.

'Lauren must have picked up like five different books, she didn't look at them very long though, something else kept peaking her interest' at that Camila raised her eyebrow challengingly which Lauren noticed straight away.

'Mmm, i came across this very interesting set, two deep brown pristine covers. Like you didn't even have to look below the surface to know there was something fascinating waiting for you in the first chapter.' Lauren imitated Camila's action. Ally sat tentatively watching the display before her and almost felt rude chiming in.

'So why didn't you get them?'  Lauren looked back at Ally and saw an opportunity to pose one of her rapidly forming questions. Camila still not removing her eyes from Lauren's mouth was almost lost in their plush redness, it should be illegal for her to do anything that involved drawing even more attention to that gorgeous mouth of hers. 

'I thought maybe they were too good to be true, like it was all a facade, a game' Camila stopped looking then, tearing herself away to look at Ally and pulling a smile. Lauren looked across again but Camila didn't look back at her, instead looking past the fountain and seeing two familiar faces come into view. 

'Hey' Normani sputtered, clearly out of breath and reclaimed her seat beside Ally.

'Normani you're drenched!' the oldest girl snorted.

'Yeah, you wanna know why?' she looked up at Dinah who had a large smug grin plastered on her face who sat down beside her. 'Because this girl bought a bottle of water and chased me all the way down to the bus stop on the other side of town'

'She tried to get a bus, it was hilarious' Dinah laughed loudly.

'But she caught up with me and pinned me down then emptied the whole bottle onto me. It was so awkward, people were staring at us like we were crazy, i'm pretty sure this one guy wolf whistled at us' Normani sniffled.

'Sorry to have to say this Mani, but you should know better than to mess with Dinah' Lauren said sympathetically, tapping her on the shoulder.  

'On the topic of water since like a third of us are already wet, why don't we go swimming?' Camila announced, thinking about what Lauren said and going ahead with her plans. 

'Sure, i'm up for that' Ally said excitedly 'Show of hands for swimming?' Dinah and Normani raised their hands as did Camila who looked at Lauren expectantly. 'Round two' she thought as she raised her hand. So they all returned to the bus to collect their swim suits. Camila and Lauren had packed their stuff and announced that they were going to wait outside. As soon as they left and were out of hearing distance, Ally ran up to the other two girls who looked at her attentively.

'So whilst you two were off gallivanting earlier on, i just so happened to find out what Camila and Lauren have been doing most of the morning'

'So, they were walking through town, what could have happened?' Normani pointed out.

'What they did wasn't strange, but how they talked about it made it seem like something happened' Ally reiterated. 

'So...' Dinah exclaimed. Ally was about to fill her in when she heard someone walking up the tour bus steps. 

'Are you guys ready yet?' Lauren asked, her shades pulled firmly down. 

'I'll tell you later' Aly mouthed silently. 'Yep we're ready' she smiled at Lauren who walked back down the steps and out of the bus as they followed. Camila was sat scrolling through Tumblr when Lauren tapped on her phone to signal they were leaving.

To avoid being trampled and noticed by fans, they opted for going to a private rooftop pool. The girls quickly changed and Dinah dive bombed straight in the deep end sending a wave down to an unfortunate Ally. Normani walked through the doors with Camila who was wearing a white bikini, and got in alongside Ally who was now understandably not afraid to get her hair wet, having that been done for her. Camila swam a length and lent up against the side of the pool, waiting impatiently for Lauren to walk out. She wouldn't admit it to anyone but she couldn't wait to see the dark haired goddess in a bikini, Miss Snow White in all her glory. Lauren was as white as a sheet it's true, but Camila thought it more than suited her, making her jet black hair and captivating green eyes stand out even more than they already did. Unfortunately for her, her excitement was quickly punctured when Lauren emerged in a black and white checkered shirt covering everything besides 'her incredible legs' Camila thought thankfully. 

Lauren noted Camila's pout and sat down on one of the sun loungers, she pulled out a book and opened it on a page she'd previously bookmarked. Camila was quickly severed from her thoughts when someone splashed her with water.

'Mila!' Dinah splashed again, this time Camila retaliated until they were in a battle to the death. Ally saw this an opportunity to fill one of her friends in on what happened at least. Subtly drawing Mani to the opposite end of the pool, she described the conversation she'd had earlier, and watched her expression change at the new information. 

'Longing looks, poetic metaphors, what is going on between those two?' Normani finally asked.

'To be honest i don't even think they know, or if they do they're hiding it really well' Ally replied and watched Dinah dunk Camila for the second time. 

'But does this help us? I mean Mila still could have been kidding'

'I suppose not, and yet she could have been telling the truth, i think we're going to have to keep investigating-' Ally quickly jumped in fright when Camila quickly popped up from under water.

'What are we investigating?' She asked curiously.

'How long you can hold your breath!' Dinah yelled and mercilessly dunked her friend again. Normani grabbed Dinah's arm and mouthed 'we have to talk' and she nodded in response. 'I'm getting a drink anyone wanna come with me?' Normani announced which was soon followed by an 'I will' from Dinah and Ally.

'No thanks, i think i drank half of the pool water!' Camila blurted to Dinah, the Polynesian girl laughing loudly on her walk back to the small apartment. Leaving Camila and Lauren alone once again.