3. An Informative Book

Summary:

It is time for Legolas' and Víriel's wedding night, but neither of them has any experience about how to perform the physical act. Thankfully, they have received a particularly helpful gift from the Haradrim ambassador.

A silly/cute/fluffy one-shot. Will contain sex (obviously) but not detailed . :)

♡ ♡ ♡

An Informative Book

Ithilien, 4th Age

For some reason, Víriel found herself focusing on the presents more than anything else during the night of her wedding. They were already piled so high on the table under the young linden that they reached its lowest branches, but still the queue of guests waiting to add to their number stretched long. Prince Legolas was popular.

Most of the gifts were hidden in elegant boxes or wrapped in colourful cloth, decorated with flowers and pretty bows. Would they open them tonight or tomorrow? Víriel had forgotten to ask her father what the Greenwood practice was and did not want to do it now, not when the many guests watched her every move.

Some of the gifts were unwrapped for everyone to see, such as the large, jewelled ceremonial axe Legolas' dwarf friend had given them, or the potted Mallorn seedling from one of her uncles, but most curious was the leatherbound book the Haradrim ambassador had brought. She noticed that the cover illustration was rather strange – the persons wore no clothes and looked like they were wrestling. If it pictured what she thought, it was rather scandalous – and interesting.

Before she could look closer, she felt the prince take her arm – her husband, she must call him husband now, although it would take some time to get used to – and she turned to him with a polite smile.

"Are you hungry?" he asked. His smile was polite too, the same he had worn on the few occasions they had met during their year of courtship. Being always chaperoned, they had never gotten past the small talk on those visits.

"I am fine. The cake was very rich."

He nodded and turned away again. She took the opportunity to admire his golden braids in the twilight; the Greenwood elves used a different pattern than the one prefered back home in Lothlórien. There, most males would comb part of their hair in front of their ears, but Legolas wore his braided back. It suited him. She liked the length of his hair as well, its blonde strands reaching a bit past his shoulders.

Feeling her eyes on him, he met her gaze. His polite expression waned and she read something new in his blue eyes. Curiosity. Interest. Perhaps he wondered what she was looking at, or maybe he was thinking of their bedding later? She sure did.

Her heart beat faster in anticipation and she broke eye contact. Víriel's married friends had hinted it was a pleasant procedure, and it would be interesting to try something new; at her age there were not many novel experiences left to be had. After his adventures with the Fellowship she guessed he might feel the same. He was younger than her, but not much, and both of them were well past their five hundredth year.