6. Perfect Balance of Darkness and Light - Part 1

Summary:

Summary:

What could have been, if Galadriel chose differently on the raft with Halbrand.

Disclaimer: I don't think this pairing would be a good idea, so this is just me having a little fun, exploring the dynamics between two hot characters with amazing chemistry. :)

Contains spoilers for season 1 of Rings of Power (obviously).

🤍🖤

1. Raft

Galadriel found herself in another dream, or if it was a vision. She was standing on a tiny raft on a wide ocean, and next to her sat Halbrand, just like the first time they met. Everything felt real, even the gently rocking timber under her feet and the tangy smell of salt in her nostrils. The wind ruffled her golden curls.

It was him all along. All this time she had traveled side by side with her greatest enemy, the one she had sworn to kill, and instead she had helped him, even saved his life. The irony.

Halbrand was Sauron, servant of the Dark Lord of Angband.

"Look at me!" he begged.

She looked at him. The man who had been her friend, her ally through her recent hardships. They had fought side by side and it had been fantastic.

He still looked the same; that same open face with the intelligent eyes, the same scruffy chin and damp strands of hair. He looked so human. How could she have been so mistaken? So fooled? He had tricked her from the very beginning.

Halbrand sounded earnest as he began explaining. He had wanted to repent, sought forgiveness after what he did in the Dark Lord's service, and then he had met her.

"I told you that I had done evil and you did not care," he said seriously. "Because you knew that our past meant nothing weighed against our future."

"There is no such future."

His eyes gleamed. "Isn't there?" he whispered.

Something happened in the water below them; their reflection had changed. When the water stilled Galadriel saw two shapes in Halbrand's and her stead; a tall, dark king with a high crown, and on his side a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn, tempestuous as the sea.

She knew this could be their future – if she let it.

"All others look on you with doubt," said Halbrand, his voice warm and silky like dragon skin. "I alone can see your greatness."

He touched her cheek and she felt currents of his power pass through to her. It was dark and different, yet hauntingly familiar. As if he represented another side of herself. The darkness within.

"I alone can see your light," he whispered.

Galadriel tried to resist his tempting offer, knowing now that he was no ordinary human but a Maia, an entity that had existed since before the breaking of the first silence.