Last Chapter 27 - The Aftermath.

March 2014.

The result of the game had left the judges in awe and in peril. The question, "How did a 1st year get his hands on a piece of necrium?" was in everyone's head. But in the end no one was able to figure it out.
On examining the bag it was found out that it contained a small piece of necrium which would affect a necromortal only when it was opened.
Floch admitted that a man in a cloak calling himself "Empire" gave it to him saying to use it when Floch felt that he was going to lose against Zayd's team("So they were targeting us." Owais later remarked). There were no deduction in the points and Floch was let off with a warning.

The team 1st 10 won and the top 100 students passed with better marks than they had gotten in the norm exams.
Zayd had no problems staying at first place and thanks to their performance in the game, the top 10 remained the same. Although there were few changes made to the rest of the ranks but it didn't affect it too much.

March 24th 2014, time - 11:30pm, location - the outside.

"Zakyr's son? Are you sure, Empire, Wizard?"
"We saw it with our own eyes, Zakyr's son was the one who summoned the crimson phoenix." Said the person called Empire.
"He also seemed to put out an accurate theory about what happened as if he was there with us, Govenor" Said the person called Wizard.
"So now we have to find a way to deal with the son of Zakyr." Said the person called Govenor.

March 31st 2014, time - 4:30pm, location - the elevator to the surface from the I.A .

"So what do you think about it Zayd?" Ashish asked.
"About the necrium incident? Not much." Zayd said eating his shawarma.
"Yeah but what if you start thinking?" Zaynab said.
Zayd finished his shawarma and said fidgeting with his hair, "I think that the person who called himself Empire was the one or 1 of the people who killed those 12 people."
"How sure can you be?" Owais asked.
"Just a guess." Zayd said.
"By the way, what did Daisy advice you to do?" Joshua asked.
"She told me to mix up the teams that I make, just to be unpredictable." Zayd replied.
"You didn't form any teams in the last 2 hours." Tausif said.
"That's because it was easy to guess what the opponent would do." Zayd said. "They said 3 teams remaining. The 90s just stopped getting points but still they were able to stay in the top 3 with not much of a difference to our points. I thought that they might be playing it safe so as to not get eliminated immediately. So I just guessed that once the 90s are taken care of the 80s would rush towards us. So I asked Ashish and Owais to put down traps on the most obvious route to our base. And it took them almost half an hour to reach us which just enough time for us to get 12 points to give us a fighting opportunity. 10 points for the orb and 2 points for the surviving teams. I knew that due to the traps they won't be able to go back. Although most of my plan went properly, I wasn't expecting the necrium."

Time - 8:00pm, location - Zayd's home.

Zayd was lying on his bed when a knock interrupted his thoughts. He sat up on his bed to see Zakyr entering the room.
"What were you thinking?" Zakyr asked sitting beside Zayd.
"Not much. Anyway you wanted to say something?" Zayd asked.
"I was thinking that since your O.S will need more stronger systemthat that and plus it gets pretty noisy at night so I decided to let you use it." Zakyr said.
"Dad, what are you talking about?" Zayd asked.
"I guess I'll show it you. Follow me." Zakyr said getting up.
Zakyr led Zayd out side and opened the underground shelter. They entered the dark shelter which was once used by Ali and Zakyr as their headquarters back when they were guarians, before they relocated during the rancher control over the city.
"So you are allowing me access to your old head quarters. It's nice." Zayd said looking around. "Actually I never asked where did you relocate to?"
"You'll see." Zakyr said opening what looked like a breaker box and flicked few switches.
The floor lit up and turned into a elevator which went down.
"We did relocate but we didn't exactly move the HQ anywhere but underground. And with aRai's help we managed to connect your and Zaynab's and Aisha's room to the HQ." Zakyr said.
"Wait, you connected their rooms to here?" Zayd asked. "And aRai helped?"
The elevator reached the bottom and opened in to a large room with computers and tech everywhere. At 1 end there was a large bookshelf with a lot of books in it. Right beside it was another bookshelf with all the awards that Ali and Zakyr had received over the time.
"Say hello to the Alpha base." Zakyr said.

Thank you for reading the part -1 of the Extraordinarians. I will hopefully start working on the part - 2 (edit - it is now up). If you didn't like it, it's perfectly fine. This is something I just do for fun and hope I managed to get few people interested. Any questions and I'll gladly answer them. Again thank you for your time and I hope you are having a good day ahead. ~Daizsb.