Chapter 22 - October Rolls In.

July 2013, location - The I.A .

The news report of the ghost pianist was released and people who bought it at 1st were pretty less but soon more and more people started buying it. The report went like this -

"              
                  The Ghost Pianist

On 27the June a girl heard some music on a piano playing around 7pm in the music club. When she went to check it out, the piano stopped playing once she opened the door. She looked around and found the piano cover open and no pianist there. Instead she heard a low grunting of a girl somewhere near the piano with bloodshot eyes and messed up hair, on the floor. The next day 28th june, the ghost pianist rumour was started by the 2nd years and 3rd years.
On 1st July, Syed Zayd Zakyr started investigating the rumour. He found that the girl who was thought to be the ghost, actually had a habit of taking a 15 minute nap after the music clubs practice ended. He also found out that the girl who found the "ghost" had read a report of the a ghost pianist in the piano exhibit of the museum. So when she saw the member of the club getting up from her nap, her thoughts went immediately to the ghost pianist. Also the piano music that was playing turned out to be the alarm of the member's phone.
When asked about his thoughts on the case, he replied that the case was "completely unoriginal". So we here at the news club have decided to name him "Detective Unoriginal". Deal with that, Zayd.
Report by Syed Zayd Zakyr and Joshua Daniel,
Editing by Ashish Kumar,
Approved by Syeda Zaynab Hussain,
Sold by Mohammad Tausif Alam khan and Mohammad Owais."

Behind the report was an advertisement for the member recruitment for the news club. The report became more famous than Zayd had ever imagined. Before long people were calling him Detective Unoriginal wherever and whenever they saw him. One day at lunch time a 2nd year Japanese girl came over their table and thanked Zayd for closing the rumour.
"No problem, senpai (meaning upperclassmen/women or senior in Japanese)." Zayd replied.
"Now who's that?" Zaynab asked once she left.
"That's the pianist." Zayd said simply.
"That's her? No wonder she looked like a ghost with her white skin and messed up hair after waking up, in the dark." Owais said.
"That's rude." Zaynab said.

October 2013, location - The I.A .

August went eventless except for Owais's birthday and few people joined the news club.

(A group of 5th years, 3 boys and 3 girls came to join they asked, "Why should we join under a junior?"
Zayd replied, "Well since our principal is 20 years old and many teachers working under him are twice his age. Then why not here?"
The leader of the group pointed his finger at Zaynab and said, "Remove your Aura suppressor. If your Aura is greater than ours then we'll join."
Zaynab closed her eyes and removed her bracelet. The room was filled with a powerful Aura that even engulfed the Auras of the 5th years who were not wearing any suppressors.
5 minutes later the news club gained 6 more members bringing the total to 12 members.
Later Jenni Davis a wind elemortal joined the club as part of the printing team, making the total 13)

And by the time September rolled in, the mid year break had started. Once that was over, and the academy opened for the 2nd term, it was October.
"Welcome back everyone." Tanzim welcomed the 1st years at the start of the 2nd term. "Hope everyone had a great holiday. Now that you are back, you'll have to get back into the zone for studying. Please don't take this lightly. Even though the special branches will be test by a game, the norm subjects are mandatory for all. So please start studying. The final exams for norm subjects will be in january and the extraordinarian exams will be in february. And finally the game where you will be tested on the basis of you abilities will take place in the stadium and will be on 23rd march."

October 1st 2013, time - 3:15pm lunch, location - café, I.A .

"So the norm subjects, what all have you guys chosen?" Tausif asked.
"Well I have taken physics, maths, computers, english and arabic as a language." Zayd replied. "Ashish has physics, computers, electronics, english and spanish as a language. Zaynab has physics, maths, history, english and japanese as a language.  Joshua has physics, maths, computers, english and kannada as a language. And Owais has physics, maths, biology, english and hindi as a language."
"So there are 2 months for the norm exam, then the extraordinarian exams will be take place about 2 to 3 weeks after the norm exams." Owais said. "The thing is that extraordinarian exams are practicals so they should be easy enough. The only problem is norm theory exams."
"They will be easy." Zayd said. "Why are you worrying about it? It'll be fine."
"Well, easy for you." Tausif replied.

In October, an event called the I.A fair would take place from the 27th to the 31st. In that event there were many activities out of which there was a maze which only few people had solved. Anyone who completes the maze will be rewarded. People were allowed enter solo, or in groups. Another activity was the clubs to make a booklet with a topic in mind and sell them during the event.

October 2nd 2013, time - 6:00pm, location - news clubroom.

"Oh I know, we can write about Zayd's thoughts on the mysteries that take place." Ashish said.
"I can already see the title of the booklet." Owais said. "Detective Unorginal's Unorginal thoughts."
"Interesting." Tausif said.
The news club was pretty empty as only Tausif, Ashish, Zaynab, Zayd, Owais, Joshua and some of the printing team were present.
"First we have to get the news paper telling about the I.A fair and what all events are there for the people to join." Zaynab said slamming a stack of news papers on the table. "Then we can focus on Detective Unorginal."
"Come on guys." Zayd said taking a sip of his drink. "Give me a break. There are more topics other than just me."
"Other topics for you to solve." Jenni said.
Zayd let out a defeated sigh.
"We'll interview you now and get your thoughts on the unsolved cases and let's see what you have  to say." Ashish said.
"No" is what Zayd was able say before he was practically tied to a chair and was forced to give his opinions on the unsolved mysteries like the red ruby case, Jill the ripper, D.B copper and others.

October 17th 2013, time - 6:40pm, location - the news clubroom.

"The booklet is done." Jenni said dropping a copy on Zayd when he was lying on the bench in corner of the clubroom.
"Oh, nice work Jenni." Zayd said looking around.
"They are already left. Zaynab will be back in a few minutes." Jenni replied before Zayd asked.
Zayd looked at the booklet and read the title. "The Unoriginal Thoughts Of Detective Unoriginal."
"10 more days." Zayd said reading the booklet.