All The Good Girls Go To Hell

For this chapter listen to "All The Good Girls Go To Hell" by Billie Eilish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gen slowly stood up, her face remaining blank, but her eyes were still filled with darkness. She walked to the edge of the terrace, placing her hands softly on the wall.

"Genevieve?" Damon said tentatively. 

She turned her head slightly. Then she fully turned around, a slight smirk now covering her face.

"Well, well," she began. Even her voice was different. More confident. Smoother and richer. "Isn't this an interesting turn of events?"

Stefan took a slight step forward, putting himself in front of Elena, protectively.

"Oh Stefan, there's no need to worry. I'm not interested in your girlfriend," she laughed. "Well...not yet, anyway."

The door slammed open, as Felix made his appearance. His face registered something as shock as he looked back and forth between the others, Jeremy's cut arm, which was still covered in blood, and Genevieve.

"Hello dear brother. Miss me?"

"What. the hell. happened."

"Well, you see, Circe dropped by for a visit, stabbed me, and ran off. And these poor fools thought giving me blood was the right thing to do. Oh, how wrong they were. But no matter. I suppose I should be grateful to them for finally freeing me."

"They...they gave you blood?" Felix stumbled a bit in surprise.

"Oh, I'm going to have such fun, now." Her voice had taken a dark edge, giving even the Mikaelsons goosebumps.

"Gen what the hell is wrong with you?" Alaric demanded.

"Nothing's wrong, at least not by my standard."

Elijah grabbed her by the shoulders. "Snap out of it, Genevieve."

She only grinned, as she tapped him lightly, sending him flying across the terrace, hitting the wall and falling in a heap on the ground.

"Genevieve!" Felix roared. But she didn't flinch. "Get ahold of yourself. Don't fall back into old pattern. Remember who you really are."

Gen rolled her eyes. "Oh Felix...you always were such a spoilsport. Even when you were enjoying yourself right along with me."

"You know," she continued, "perhaps I'll break my own record and decimate entire cities, instead of inconsequential villages. Maybe Paris! Or London! Now wouldn't that be fun?"

"Genevieve," Felix approached her slowly so as not to antagonize her further. "Just calm down. There's no need for further bloodshed. Just...turn your humanity back on. Before you regret it even further."

She narrowed her eyes. "I regret nothing." 

Then she appeared next to Jeremy, in the blink of an eye. She grabbed him and forced his neck towards her mouth, her fangs piercing his skin. He cried out in pain, and surprise, struggling like a fish on a hook to get away from her. She drank and drank, but was done before anyone could stop her. She dropped him to the ground, his blood dripping down her chin, and licked her lips, savoring every drop.

"Oh...why did I ever give this up? I mean, I must have been a fool to deprive myself of this!" She laughed. 

"You gave it up because you remembered that you are a good person, and you know what drinking blood does to you," Felix pressed. "Please try to be that person again. That wonderful...good person I know you are."

Her eyes twinkled, a look of madness settling in them, though her face turned somber.

"Oh Felix...didn't you realize? All the good girls go to hell, anyways."

Then she disappeared.

"What have you done?" Felix whispered.