Chapter Eight // Sweet Lover Of Mine

A lot of time has passed since my last visit with Malia, and I’ve been pondering her words ever since then. It was now our senior year, and to say I was excited , would be correct. September 13th (which is today) is the first day back, and I can not wait to finish school. I drove myself to school, because I wanted to meet up with Anggie and them. Parking next to Mike's vehicle, I hopped out to see them close together speaking. 

   “Whats up!! Jo Jo Jo!” Mike hollard coming up to me, and putting me into a playful headlock, rubbing my head ruining my braided hair.
I laughed, trying to get out. Pinching his side was enough for him to weaken his grip on me. Using that to my advantage, I twisted his arm and spun around until I was free, and pulled his right arm behind him until he squealed out in pain. 

“Dang girl, you a little ninja warrior.” Eric smirked, high fiving me as I situated myself and stood next to a smirking Jessica. 

    “How was your summer break?” Angela asked me, with her school camera in her hands. I loved her joy for photography. She took many pictures of me throughout the years of High School, and I loved everyone she took. 

   “It was really good actually. I made some trips here and there, but mainly did some at home activities. Such as redecorating my room, and working on some posters for my wall.” I replied with a small smile. Angela nodded and began to tell us about what she did all summer.

    “Your parents must be real strict on your learning and grades if they had you at education camps all summer.” Jessica commented on Angelas summer recap, and I couldn’t help but feel bad for Anggie. I mean, who wants to spend their summer break learning. Eww.  

“They are, but I don’t mind. I know they just want to give me some of the opportunities they didn’t have.” She said, with a shrug of her shoulders, and went back to observing the crowd of students. The sound of a rusty engine caught our attention, as my eyes followed the sound to a parked reddish-orange truck. Bella. She hopped out and smiled our way, and stood a few feet in front of us. She had a small purple camera in her hand.  “Today’s the big day Bella.” Jessica called out, causing Bella to look a bit taken back and confused. 

    “The R&J essay is due. You know, our summer project?”

She explained, with crossed arms leaning against Mike’s vehicle. I looked between the two, as Bella nodded finally understanding. I laughed to myself looking down.     “Um, let me get a picture of all of you. My mom wants me to put together a scrapbook of memories.” Bella spoke up, causing us to all huddle together so she could take the opportunity to snap the picture. 

    “Oh, oh cool.”

    “Um, I take the pictures, I’m not in them.”

    “You’ll photoshop this so my nose looks big, right?” 

 “Don’t worry, I’m in the picture. No one will be looking at you guys.” Eric responded to their little comments. I laughed at their small comments. Bella snapped the pic, and put the camera away. The bell was about to ring in a few minutes, so the group made their way to the front doors. I grabbed my bag and was about to follow them, but a hand on my shoulder stops me.   “Yes, Bella?” I asked looking at her. She looked hesitant to speak. I gave a warm smile awaiting her response.

    “I wanted to properly thank you for being by my side during the whole ordeal after James had bit me.
I only remember flashes of you holding my arm, but Edward was the one who told me everything. So, thank you.” She said with a nervous look.

I placed my hand on her shoulder, “Don’t sweat it, you’re family now, and family always looks out for family.” She nodded with her own smile. My gaze moved past her to see a black vehicle pulling in, and out stepped my brother, Edward. Bella followed my gaze and her face heated up at the sight of Edward walking towards us. He had a sly smirk plastered on his face as he stopped right in front of us.    “Happy Birthday Bella.” Edward whispered to her, but I could still hear. Once it registered what he said, my eyes grew wide. “Wait, what is today?” I asked, feeling my heartbeat quicken.