Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

"You don't need to say anything". Sen whispered,"Because I love you too".

"You do?". She asked in surprise.

"Yes, I do". He replied,"Even if you hate me".

"I would never hate you". She said,"Even if you are an old man in a young body".

He smiled before moving his hand onto her rear end, which made her tense a little.

"Hey, watch where you put that hand". She warned.

"I'm sorry, you are just so beautiful and I can't help myself". Sen said.

She smirked before pecking his lips.

"Toph!".

They both turned to see Katara run up to them.

"Toph, we got your dress and it's almost sunset". Katara said,"We need to get you ready right now".

"I'll get dressed when I want, Sugarqueen". Toph said.

"Sen, please talk to your wife". Katara said.

Sen put up his hands and stepped back.

"I'm staying out of this".

"Come on, Toph".

Katara picked her up and started carrying her away and the blind earthbender struggled against the taller waterbender but to no avail, Sen had to hold himself back from laughing.

"Why are you just standing there? Help me!". Toph cried.

"I can't. Katara is scary". Sen said.

"I'll show you scary!". The blind earthbender growled.

"Stop struggling, Toph!". Katara yelled.

"Katara, if you bathe her just make sure the servants don't get anywhere near her feet". Sen said,"She hates that".

"I'll keep that in mind". Katara's voice echoed in the hallway along with Toph's screams of protest.

"I should probably get ready too". Sen said before heading for his chambers.

.............................................

Generals, officials, lords and nobles bustled around the masquerade party, it was essential for everyone to wear masks because it was part of the celebration. Zuko had a table reserved for the Gaang and it was in a corner away from the other guests, plus it gave them time to talk more after everything that happened.

"It is an honor to meet you, Chief Hakoda". Sen greeted the Chief of the Southern Water Tribe with a bow.

"The honor is all mine, Liaison Sen". Hakoda returned the bow.

"Hey, dad". Sokka appeared next to his father with a plate in hand,"You have to try these Fire honey dumplings".

"Uh, maybe later, Sokka". Hakoda said,"Where is your sister and the others?".

"Oh, the girls are still getting ready". Sen said,"They're probably taking awhile because of Toph".

"I see". Hakoda smiled,"I heard she can be a challenge sometimes".

Sen sighed,"You have no idea".

The party was going smoothly. There wasn't any complaints from the guests and no arguments among delegates so everything was golden.

"How do you know you can hold your breath for two minutes?". Sokka asked as they talked about random topics.

"Because I live on an island and because I'm a water person". Zuko smirked.