Chapter TWENTY SEVEN

~~~Cherry Kendrick~~~ 

Alvey steps forward and I can smell his cheap drug-store body spray, musty and strong wafting through the room, the smell makes my stomach roil with a nauseated wave.. 

“What's it going to be Cherry?” He hums, coming to stand before me in the centre of the room so that I have to tilt my head back to peer up at him.. 

"No rough stuff.." I speak firmly even though my mouth feels dry and my heart is racing and my mind is speeding through the consequences of my actions..
Can I really do this?.. 

Oh god.. I don't want to do this..

McKenzies words ring in my ears; 'Everyone has a price..'

"I'll treat you real sweet, firecracker, you don't gotta worry about that.." He smirks.. 

I had known Mac was right, I just hadn't known I'd be forced to discover my price quite so soon.. 

But here it is..
Fifty thousand.. Or, my father's life. 

That is my price.. 

When I open my mouth, I don't even recognise the sound I make.. "Okay.."

His hands are on my waist like lighting and he scoops me up, spinning me around to sit on his desk as he pries my legs apart with his knee and steps in between them..

I try to let myself relax, to accept my fate, but my muscles feel stiff and rigid.. God, I am so uncomfortably tense.. I don't want to be here, doing this.. 

I shouldn't be here..

So instead, I close my eyes and picture a different set of hands on my body, a different touch - the one that I crave, a different man, the one who truly possesses my thoughts, the man my body belongs to.. 

I picture Killian, and his steely gaze, his full lips and ginger spice as Alvey's fingers dip beneath the hemline of my dress to creep up my outer thighs and he leans in closer, his mouth inches from mine I can feel his hot breath on my lips when I hear the door handle jiggle and a purring feline voice calls out.. "Alvey?.. I’m back, baby.."

My eyes snap open and I look over Alvey's shoulder as a woman steps into the room in her ripped jeans and worn leather jacket.. A woman with a face I recognise well, even though we have never actually met.. 

Tiffany.. 

Her blotchy cheeks flush a violent red when she sees me.. "What the fuck is she doing here?!" 

Alvey doesn't take his hands off me and I am too shocked to move as he laughs her off, "Get the fuck out of here, Tiff!" 

"Oh, shit.. Alvey.. W-wait.." I stutter as he buries his face into the crook of my neck and I press against him trying not to piss him off as I attempt to squirm free of his hold..  

She shrieks in fury, charging at us and Alvey ducks to the side, stepping away as I slide off the desk and she lands a shoulder into my chest, taking me to the ground.. “I FUCKING HATE YOU!!”

"Yer crazy, lady! Get off me!!" I push at her shoulders, but she latches onto my hair with both hands.. 

"You trashy ginger slut! You're trying to steal my life! Stay away from him!" I have no idea if by 'him' she means Alvey or Killian.. But I assume she means both as she tears at my hair and I tug at her hands trying to wrench them free, when she shifts and slams a knee into my side, digging it into my stomach and winding me..