The encounter. [1]

A new life in a new world. How hard can this be? Amity Blight the human stumbled across a portal when she was attempting to get back one of her books. She had rushed after a white Raven, who was actually really quick on their feet. When she did catch up to them, she was in a tent. She tripped over a dead baby doll but they're all dead anyways, so she didn't mind it.

She left through the opening, bunking in to a tall slim lady. "Ehm- Hello.." Amity waved nervously, just trying to be polite.

The woman examined her from head to toe, seeing if she was threatening in any way. "You a customer?"

Amity shook her head. "I'm just trying to get my book back.." Amity said quietly, pointing to the Raven.

The lady took the book from, who Amity was assumed was her pet, handing the human the book back. She took it back, putting it in her bag which draped over her shoulder. The lady examined her one last time before putting her hands together with such force.

Amity flinched, taking a step back. The lady smiled brightly. "Names Lilith. And it seems like you're lost. Need any help?"

The human nodded. "I don't know where I am..I went through a bright yellow light! And came here..Where is here exactly?"

The lady made a circle with her finger in the air, a scroll like thing appearing in her hands. "The Boiling Isles you dum dum. You never been here before?"

Amity shook her head slowly, deciding to believe that was just really impressive close up magic. "You don't seem like you're around here either. Are you human or something?"

Amity nodded firmly, shaking off the past happenings. "That's a weird thing to say to a fellow human though.."

The lady made a noise that sounded like a scoff and laugh. "I'm not a human genius. Are you really that slow?"

She took off her bandana like hood, showing off her nice sleek blue hair, and her ears too I guess. The Raven cooed, flying up to her shoulder. Amity stared in disbelief. "I'm a witch! The strongest witch on the Boiling-"

"LILITH CLAWTHORNE! I FOUND YOU!" A man with a bird like mask shouted, pointing at the lady.

The Raven screeched, flying on to a stick the lady was holding. Who now had a name. "Come on kid I'll get you home." Lilith said, getting on her staff and holding her hand out.

Amity shook her head. "I won't hurt you! But he definitely will." Lilith muttered, looking back at the guard.

He brought out this knife that ended up expanding and lighting on fire. Amity yelped, taking the witches hand. She was helped on the staff before Lilith took off. She casted a spell as she looped around what Amity assumed was her stand.

It all got in the hood like bandana, collapsing their size. Lilith swooped down, grabbing her bag and flying in the direction of her home. Amity 'woahed' taking in the new and unfamiliar sight. "Welcome. To the Boiling Isles." Lilith said.

There were Griffin's flying by, a few baby ones lingering behind. Lilith leaned to the right, slowly pushing her staff down. After about 5 or 6 minutes, she guided her staff down to the ground. Eventually stopping it with her feet. "Alright, we're home. You coming?" Lilith asked, getting off her staff.

Amity hesitantly got off, the witch collapsing the staff a second later. Lilith unlocked and opened the door, walking in first. A noise echoed in the empty halls, the sound of claws on wood dragging across the floor neared. A Griffin poked it's head around the corner, chirping curiously.

Amity awhed, rushing towards it. She kissed its beak, moving its fur back. It trilled, relaxing in her arms. "That's Fynn. Cute huh?"

"Cute? He's adorable! You're so handsome aren't you? Aren't you~?"

He chirruped, his tail wagging swiftly. Amity giggled, squeezing him tightly. He cooed, nuzzling in to the crook of her neck, his tail slowing down. "So what's your name kid?"

"Amity. Amity Blight."

Lilith hummed, pressing on a button. A light flashed, a door appearing out of thin air. "Well Amity, the portal is right there. Visit anytime you want kid."

The human looked over at the door, her grip on the Griffin loosening. She swallowed the lump in her throat before speaking up.

                  To be continued.