Chapter 3

Ally pov

     "What?"
     "What did you see. On Tuesday night. At the park." The man said slowly. 
     "You mean the waterfront?" I correct him.
     "Ally!" Morgan yells at me.
     "Fuck!" I exclaimed. I had just confirmed where we were that night. 
     "Its Abbi's fault! She's the one who wanted tacos!" Morgan tries to fix the situation. 
     "Morgan, it is your fault! You forgot your phone!"
     "You saw the body!"
     "We saw it at the same time!" 
     "So you did see a body?" The man asks us. 
     We look at each other. "Fuck!" We say at the same time. 
     Morgan mutters, "We're bad at this."
     "Yeah." I mumble in response. 
     "We should've just gone to the cops." 
     "You said we shouldn't go to the cops. And I agreed with you, for a moment. But I thought we should have gone to the cops in the first place!"
     "Going to the cops would have been a bad idea!" Morgan defends herself. 
     The door opens, and a new person steps into the room. "The fuck you want?" I yell at him. He turns around and back walks out. 
     "So what are we going to do with them? Kill them or keep them?" The guy asks the other one who's been quite the whole time. 
     I look over at Morgan. Her face is pale and her hands are shaking where they're tied behind her. I panic and try to lighten the mood. 
     "This blobfish lookin ass. Talking about killing us like we're not even here."
     He glares and stalks toward me, getting in my face. "What did you just call me?" 
    Morgan interrupts him. "So, what do they call you?" She asks him in an oddly cheery voice. 
     He moves to stand in front of her. "They call me MB."
     Morgan is visibly panicking again. I try to come up with something to help. All I can think of is MB and the fact that he is Italian. 
     "Meatball!" I yell. 
     He shakes his head and turns away from us, pinching the bridge of his nose. I look over to the other guy who still hasn't spoken. He's trying to contain his laughter. 
     He finally speaks. "I say we keep them, boss."
     "Angelo, assemble the council." MB says. The other guy, Angelo, turns and walks out of the room. "And send Leandro in." MB yells after him. 
     "Is it just me, or is Angleo low key hot?" I ask Morgan, as Leandro, the guy I yelled at earlier, walks in. 
     "Right?" Morgan agrees. 
     MB turns to Leandro. "So what do you think? Do we keep them or kill them?"
      Leandro simply shrugs. 
      We sit in silence for another couple minutes. Eventually, Angelo comes back. 
      "The council is ready for them."
     We're untied from the chairs and guided out of the room. They walk us down a hallway and up a staircase. We get to a room with a large table in it. Around the table are a bunch of old Italian men. MB walks to the head of the table. Angleo goes to his right side. Leandro holds onto Morgan's and my arms. 
     "So," MB says. "Do we keep them? Or kill them?"
     Angelo is the first to speak,"I say we keep them."
     One of the old men shakes his head. "What would we keep them for?"
     "Come on Vince, comic relief!" Angelo says. "What do you think Leandro?"
     Morgan and I look up at him. Once again, Leandro shrugs, showing that he has very little personality and even fewer opinions. 
     Morgan looks at me, "You know who he reminds me of? Tora from Midnight Poppy Land, but Italian with shorter hair."
     "Yes!" 
     "See!" Angelo says. 
     "We need new recruits anyway."  One of the other men speaks. 
     "Let's vote," MB says. 
     Around the circle, they go, casting their vote. All but Vince voted in favor of us joining them. 
     "Well, it looks like you're part of the team now." Angelo grins at us.