Chapter 16

Morgan pov

Ally and I haven't really been on too many jobs, but the one we did today was definitely the most stressful. I don't know how the kid was able to sneak up on us, but he did and was able to point a gun at Angelo's head. I didn't know what to do, other than hope Leandro and Ally would come and help us. And they did. Leandro handled the kid exceptionally well, considering he had a gun pointed at his best friend's head.

Then he told us he had younger sisters and I realized that we really needed to get to know the boys better. I trusted them with my life, but I couldn't tell you their middle name.

After hours of sitting on the living room floor of the mafia house, we decide to take a bit of a break. Ally and I don't want to go back to the dorms yet though, so we end up just sitting on our phones with the boys. Antonio pulls a deck of cards rubber banded together out of the pocket of his leather jacket and starts to deal everyone a hand.

"What are we playing?" I ask.

"I was thinking rummy. There are enough of us, and it's fun," Antonio answers as he finishes dealing. I nod and move to sit on the floor with the boys. Ally moves down after me. We sit in a circle and start sorting our cards. Leandro ended up winning, much to the dismay of Antonio and Angelo.

"There's just no way you didn't cheat. How could you have that good at a game?" Angelo is yelling.

"Dude I didn't even deal! It's not my fault! Maybe it's just Antonio trying to screw you over," Leandro laughs.

"What? No! I wanted to win! You're just a cheating dick!" Antonio yells. Ally and I sit quietly and watch the boys fight about their cards.

"I didn't cheat!"

Sometime during the argument, Meatball walks downstairs. He stands off to the side and listens to the boys fight for a bit.

"Angelo," He finally interrupts. Angelo looks up and realizes that MB is standing there.

"What's up, dad?" he stands and walks over to him.

I suppose it makes sense that MB is his dad, but I hadn't realized that. The two of them walk out of the room to talk. The rest of us deal another hand of cards and keep playing. Leandro wins again, and Antonio refuses to admit he didn't cheat, but just got lucky.

"Hey, I forgot to mention, Ally and I are hanging out with Kyle this weekend. So, we'll see what information we can get," I say to stop the boys' fight. They both look up and start to listen to us.

"Here's the thing though," Ally says. "We want you guys there, hidden, just in case anything goes wrong. I don't think anything will go wrong, but it will help my peace of mind if you guys are there, so you know, please be there."

She stumbles over her words a bit, but I agree with her. I want the boys there, too. In my head, I know there is no way Kyle knows we're part of the Viverne, but I still worry about it. I rub my arm where the tattoo is. As I think more about having to see Kyle, my anxiety increases. I feel my heart rate pick up and tell myself to take a few breaths. From where he's sitting next to me, Antonio pats my knee for comfort.

"Don't worry, we'll be there." As he is saying this, Angelo walks back into the room.

"Where will we be?'

"Wherever the girls are with Kyle on Saturday," Leandro tells him. Angelo nods and takes his seat between Antonio and Leandro again.

"Where are you going with him?" Angelo asks us. He adds his cards back to the pile we've made in the middle of us.