Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies. Elizabeth Bowen

The day was going on forever! It was like it would never end. As always it was just me and Chris left at the end of the day. I'll tell you the man works non stop, no wonder he makes so much money. It was starting to get dark out and I wasn't looking forward to the walk home. With London being so busy this time of night with everyone finishing work or heading out drinking, the tubes were jammed and it didn't help that it had started raining as well.

Trusty English weather.

After moping about the sun no longer in the sky, I finally send the last of Chris's emails out I slumped into the back of my chair with a large sigh after hitting send.

I closed all my documents down for the day when panic swam through me. Wait... that was saved right, I questioned myself.

Oh My God please don't tell me I just deleted that five paper document that has taken me near hours to complete!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I searched through the files in hope.

Oh thank God it saved itself!

I swear I have no idea why I still have a job I don't understand technology at all, I'm lucky I can even work my phone.

Right now send...Done.

I closed my eyes thinking that I couldn't wait to get back to my flat and attack the left-over Chinese from the other night.

Oh yeah, I moaned happily and what was awaiting me tonight.

I couldn't wait to chuck on the pjs, grab a large wine of Pinot and watch old episodes of Sex in the City and Gossip Girl what better way could I spend my Friday nights.

Maybe I'll have the whole bottle of wine that would make me even happier, I laughed at myself.

I was sitting in my chair smiling like an idiot with my eyes shut, when I heard the Gucci shoes walking down the hall towards my desk. A high pitched voice came to my ears and before I even opened my eyes I knew the face to that voice.

"Well, Well, Well... look who it is" I opened my eyes, looking at my ice queen of a sister. Jessica.

In no less than a second I was pushed back in time.

I suddenly felt like that scared seventeen year-old again, rather than the twenty-two year old woman I was meant to be.

She hadn't changed. She was still that long legged, toned bodied, gorgeous woman she always was. Everything I wasn't and by looking at the outfit, she wears still living off 'daddy'.

Ever since I was cut off I haven't seen or heard from Jessica since then. It wasn't even Christian that told me they were seeing each other. It was in an article in OK magazine called 'When Billionaire meets Heiress'. You could imagine how I felt when I saw the picture of my gorgeous boss standing next to my gorgeous sister at some party. Not great!

At the shock at her standing there I thought I should say something. I moved too quickly and started falling on the back off my chair just before I gripped the table in fright, making the papers were falling to the floor. Smooth.

I went down to pick them up when she spoke again laughing.

"How far you have fallen little sister... well you were never that high anyway. Here I am all the way up here... and there you are" she said looking down at me, with her high and mighty voice that made her thinks she's above someone like... the Queen.