Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Leah

"Oh sorry are we interrupting anything?" a voice came from the hallway. We both turned our heads, me still in Chris' arms. We both laughed as he dropped me slowly back to my feet but still holding my hand.

We had the largest smiles on our faces.

"You both look happy," Nan said

"We're great, right?" Chris said looking down at me for an answer. I nodded and pulled closer into his side and just like that we were great more than great.

"I'm glad," she said just as Granddad walked in the kitchen.

"How are you feeling?" I asked quickly before he even got a chance to say anything. He laughed at me and kissed Nan on the cheek when she gave him his coffee.

"I'm fine honey. Now I'm back at home I can relax" he smiled. It hit me again... my Granddad was dying and I could feel the tears building in my eyes about to fall any minute. Like he knew Chris pulled me even closer to him if that was even possible and I felt him kiss my forehead.

"Chris, I'm glad you're here my boy. When Maggie told me that she invited you back to the house I was angry that I didn't think of it myself. It's our own little after party" Granddad smiled at Chris and I felt so happy and proud that he liked Chris so much, it meant a lot to me.

"I'm happy you're here too" I whispered so only he could hear.

"Only happy?" he whispered back and I laughed at him before walking over two the breakfast table where I saw Chris' laptop and his work out across the table.

"Do we have to go back to work?" I asked him a little unhappy that we couldn't stay here longer.

"Well I need to go back but you can stay here for as long as you like," he said smiling at me.

"Do you not need me at work anymore that we're together?" I half joking half being serious not really knowing how things are to go from now on with us.

"I need you always, Leah," he said making my heartache for him. "It's up to you know I guess, you can still work for me or do whatever you want...there is a lot going on work right now, with the merge as well..."

"What merge?" I asked I know I was only Chris' receptionist but I knew roughly what was going on in the company.

"Well... That's what I and your Grandfather have been working on this week really. Howards and Andersons are going to be going together in the near future" he explained

"Really?! That's great!" I can't believe I didn't know about this but I understood that it was an important business and it wasn't really anything to do with me.

"Chris..." Granddad said and when I looked round to Chris he was nodding his head and searching for something in all his folders. "Leah there is something else that Chris and I have been working on this week that you need to know about"

"What?" I asked looking around at everyone looking at me. Why does no one tell me anything?

"You're not going to like it," Nan said.

"Just like I've liked everything so far?" I said sarcastically.

"I've been helping Rupert sort out all of his business documents for his will," he said softly, not wanting to upset me. "I was here to help with his company and investments and how he wished to distribute them with your family with the help of Jay as well. Here is your Grandfather's will" He passed over a folder which held near about, ten papers front and back.