Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Leah

Chris opened the door with his card and walked through to his family's suite. I hesitated outside the room before going in.

I only just met these people and now I'm crashing their family lunch.

I walked into their large suite and when I say large I mean bigger than my flat and gorgeous.

The room had a full facing window, with the view of the lake and a terrace that lead out on the garden, with large silk curtains. A fire place with a twelve inch flat scream TV that had some kind of kid show on. I looked down to see the children sitting on the floor looking up at the TV. There was large sofas in a squared laid out where everyone was sitting talking to each other.

Everything looked perfect, Granddad had this place well designed, and it was modern without looking too much so with some classic things here and there. I loved it. It all looked so homely.

Everyone who was sitting now turned to see Chris and I coming in. I don't think they saw me because I was standing right be hide him, so I just held back for a bit giving them a moment to greet him.

"Chris! We were about to send out a search party" his mother came up to kiss him on the cheek. I looked around and took in everyone there, trying to remember their names.

There was Gemma and Karl the married couple with four children, who were all sitting on the floor watching the TV.

What were their names?

I remember the little girl was Paige. She was lovely and so pretty and then there was the boys Simon, David and ... Connor. That's it!

I remember Chris talking about them in the office once or twice. Then his brother Ben and his Mum.

He loved his family. Anyone could see that. I loved it that he loved them so much. This is how a family is meant to be.

He was even more amazing now I've seen him with his family. Who wouldn't love to be part of a family that stuck together and loved each other like this?

I suddenly became very jealous of him. I would never be loved, as much as he is. Loved by all his friends and family... and secretly me.

God, what's wrong with me? Get a grip, Leah!

Everyone was smiling until they notice I was there and their faces all dropped, they looked shocked to see me there.

"Oh, sorry I didn't see you there" Chris' Mother smiled warmly.

"Leah" I introduced myself again smiling at her. I waved my hand to everyone.

"Leah's going to join us for lunch if that's ok" Chris said walking over to his nephews picking up the two twins in one large hug.

"Of course it is, come in Leah. I'm Sarah Chris' Mum" she kissed both sides of my cheeks in that British way that makes most people feel uncomfortable. Although I could tell it was meant to be a warming gesture I wasn't used to this find of welcome.

Chris' brother Ben walked over to me taking my hand in his.

"Here come, sit next to me. It'll be the best seat in the house" Ben said winking at me. We all laughed and I went to sit down.

"She's been here for a minute and you're already flirting with the poor girl" Gemma said jokingly to her brother who just poked his tongue at her.

Chris came and sat on the arm of the sofa next to me. He was so close I could smell him. Or was that his aftershave? Whatever it is, he smells so good. I could feel my face getting hot and hoped no one notice. Although everyone was staring at me. Perfect.