Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Leah

For the first time in a long time I woke up fresh and alive. Other than feeling like an ogre, I managed to get a full night's sleep with no nightmares. I was always having them. Some so bad they would wake me up in the middle of the night crying. They were always the same. Alex. My family. Being alone.

Instead I dreamt about Chris. We were back in his office. He told me he loved me. I told him I loved him. I was in his strong arms, kissing and... more. Normally I would be in a hissy dreaming about him and think 'what a bad person I was' but not today. The dream was far too good to be angry at.

After lying in bed for another hour, I remembered that I was meant to meet the girls for breakfast. I jumped out of bed and went to go shower.

I didn't know what we were doing today. It was hot again today, so I decided to wear some light denim shorts and tank top. Casual.

I started walking down to the dining room that we decided to meet at, last night. Walking in I saw everyone having breakfast, I tried to look around for the girls but I couldn't find them. I looked at the time on my phone.

I was early. We decided to meet at nine so I hoped that I wouldn't have to wait that long because a group of guys on a table in front of me kept on looking over at me and smirking.

"Hey you want to have breakfast with us?" one of the guys said

"Thinking about it you look far tastier than breakfast" another guy said turning around in his chair looking at me.

I hated this kind of attention. I guess the way I was brought up and the way Alex was always like with me, made me un-comfortable with men and I had no confidents. I was about to walk around and wait somewhere else when I felt an arm around my waist pulling me towards something warm and firm.

I let out a gasp before turning to look up at Chris' face close to mine. I felt on fire and if it wasn't for him holding me, which felt SO good can I say. I would have fallen straight to the floor.

"Here's my girl" Chris said loud enough for the guys on the table to hear. He kissed me cheek before turning face the table guys. They weren't looking at me anymore. They focused on Chris instead.

"Can I help you boys?" Chris asked the guys in his deep voice. Deeper than it normally was. It made the hairs on my arms stand up at attention.

"Na mate. Just being polite" one said as they turned back to their breakfast.

"Come on Sweetheart" Chris said pulling me away from the 'boys' in Chris' words and over to a table where my Nana and Granddad where on.

"Morning" Chris smiled at them both as we joined them.

"Good morning sweetheart" Nana lent over to give me a kiss on the cheek as Granddad winked over at me and nodded to Chris over his paper.

"How did you sleep?" Granddad asked Chris.

"Well thank you and yourself" Chris replied always polite.

"Like a baby" he smiled and winked at Nana.

Ok, gross.

"Coffee sir?" a waiter came over with a decanter.

"Please. Leah, coffee?" Chris asked.

"Yes please"

It was weird. Having everyone I loved on the same table. I left myself take in the moment and enjoy it. Imagining that this was normal. That this was our life. I felt for the first time a kind of... peace.