Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Chris

Showtime I thought as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was dressed in my black suit with my white shirt and black tie all dress-up in the finest for tonight.

I had to think about how I was going to work things with Leah, what I was going to say and how I was going to say it? But all that was spinning in my mind was how amazing she looked in that green dress today and I couldn't wait to see her again.

I thought I was early when I was walking down the stairs where the hundreds of people were dressed in ball gowns and men in their tucks. The party was in full swing. I saw Jay, Karl and Connor waiting at the bottom of the stairs most likely waiting for the girls.

"Hey don't we all look pretty" I joked at them as I reached the bottom of the steps in front of them.

"Well I know I do. Don't know about any of you guys" Connor said to only get hit on the head by Jay. I laughed and turned to Karl I was a little worried about him and what happened with Gemma earlier. I know they always had fights but Karl was never really that down but everything worked out I guess, they looked happy at lunch.

"Hey, everything cool with you and Gemma now?" I asked him, moving to the side so that the others couldn't hear.

"Yeah, everything's back to normal now. I'm telling ya the mood swings" he said rolling his eyes "oh but don't tell her I said that or I'll be back to square one" he said making us both laugh.

"So you guys waiting for the girls?" I asked. I saw Connor and Karl looking behind me in a haze dream.

"Yeah there they come now," Jay said but the others stayed speechless. I turned around to see Lilly, Gemma and Kate walking down the stairs. They all looked beautiful in their long dresses.

I turned back to the guys who looked like they were drawling at those girls. Not really Jay he just had a warm smile at Kate who looked amazing in a red dress.

I looked at Karl who had a grin on his face and he looked at Gemma proud that she was all his and I suddenly became jealous at that. Not over my sister because that's wrong but over the fact that he has nothing to hide in the way he feels for Gemma.

They both love each other.

Connor just had a serious face on as he took in Lilly's beauty. He would have to stop hiding it soon and admit it to himself and her that he loved her. Hey, I couldn't talk.

I turned back to the girls and my heart stopped. Standing behind Kate was an angel. My face was now the same as my friends before. Shock and lust were running through my body with other emotions I couldn't even think of the name for.

My jaw had dropped when I saw her and I was just standing there looking at her as she walked down the rest of the stairs.

She raised her head and her gorgeous eyes were now burning into my own and she stopped on the steps and looked at me. We stayed there just looking at each other for a little longer before she started laughing and pulled her arms out to give me the view of the dress. She turned around to let me see the back and my mouth went dry.

She looked... Incredible, amazing, wonderful, miraculous, gorgeous, stunning I could go on forever. Her hair was up with little curls coming down at the sides and she had more make-up on than what she would normally wear. And that dress... was better than I remembered.

This was the girl... no woman that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

This was the woman, the game-changer us guys call, the one that is above all women.