Epilogue

Ivy wasn't shocked when we got home and told her. She laughed as she told us all the ways Dad was going to try to kill Sandro. Zane just shook his head and went to the basement to work out.

Mom and Dad were a little different than what I'd expected, though. They didn't understand how I could have been in love after just a weekend. I didn't want them to freak out, so I let them believe the idea of the whirlwind weekend getaway with Sandro. They struggled because although they knew him, a man fourteen years older than me worried them. I tried to be completely understanding, but at the same time, I was an adult, and I knew what I wanted.

Mom cried on the phone later that night. She asked if I thought I'd be staying in Colorado, and I told her I honestly wasn't sure. I would live with Ivy and Zane until I got my degree as I'd initially planned. The tears weren't totally sad. She was happy for me, but she was also going to grieve that her last kiddo had flown the coop.

It was barely three months later when Sandro asked me to marry him. I was so excited I honestly felt like I'd pass out.

Of course, I said yes, and we were married two months after that.

"Why wait around if you know you want to spend your life with someone?" he asked me one evening after a date.

"I couldn't agree more," I replied before jumping up and wrapping my arms around him. He spun me around in circles until we were both laughing so hard we fell onto the ground.