(THIS IS A FAKE NUMBER. PLEASE DO NOT DIAL IT)

I saved the number as Vivaan first, then changed it to STUPID 😑 and then went off to watch TV. After a while, I sat down to learn the trigonometric formulae so that I didn't make a fool of myself the next day.

***  

"Did you get any messages from Zane?" Vivaan took me by surprise by asking that when we stepped onto the bus in the morning. "No. Why?" "Nothing. I just wondered, you know, why he would suddenly message you out of the blue." I had been thinking about it too but couldn't find a plausible reason. "To surprise me?" "Unlikely, Kim. I have a feeling he wants something from you. Of course, I could be wrong but you never know..."

I closed my eyes and thought hard about it. Wasn't Vivaan closer to me than Zane ever was? I told Vivaan about Zane once I stopped hesitating. I didn't find it hard to tell him about The Night but I never told Zane about it. Vivaan was there when no one was. Zane was there when I was surrounded by people. Isn't Vivaan better?

I mentally shook myself. I barely know Vivaan. Zane has been in my life for years now. Get a grip on yourself! "Are you sleepy?" Vivaan interrupted my thoughts "Huh?" "You can sleep on my shoulder if you want." I leaned onto his shoulder and slept peacefully. 

I dreamt of my New Year celebrations, how I had dressed up elegantly in a golden dress with a pair of killer golden heels and had partied all night, swaying to the beat of the music and drinking soda and clicking photos with everyone.

Dad's colleagues always celebrated festivals together. Naturally, their children also had a get-together. I had spent the entire night with Jacob Masch, an old friend of mine from my days in Malaysia. He was 5 years older than me and he was hot as hell. He looked very much like Ian Somerhalder, just a little less handsome than him...

 He looked very much like Ian Somerhalder, just a little less handsome than him

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

(Okay, here's a secret - I have a celebrity crush on Ian Somerhalder. Sorry, but he's adorable!)

Okay, maybe a lot less handsome. No exaggeration here. But he looked just great and girls swooned over him. Many girls were jealous of me at the party just because he and I were hanging out together, dancing on the floor like maniacs and drinking soda like we had never tasted it before. Like, what was there to be jealous about? Girl, why are you so wrong?

Okay, they had a reason to be jealous of me. Like always, I was oblivious to the reason. "Race to the terrace?" Jacob asked me. "I'll beat you!" "Not with those heels, baby," he winked and ran away. 

I followed him to the terrace. He opened the door to a room that was built on the terrace. It was perfect for stargazing. "Want to go stargazing?" He asked, knowing I would say yes. Before I could say anything, he pulled me into the room and shut the door behind him.

Suddenly, my sixth sense started sending my brain red flags. Something's definitely wrong. Kick him in the balls and run! "What are you doing?" I asked nervously. "Showing you a secret. First of all, you didn't look at yourself in the mirror before the party, did you? 'Cause if you had, you would have known that you're making it hard for boys not to get you laid." "WHAT?" I asked, completely astonished. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND! JUST FRIENDS!

Love Escape ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें