Chapter 11

"All the best for today's paper!" Vivaan wished me when I came to the stop. "Same to you!" I said cheerfully. It was his Sanskrit paper and my French paper. The school had a lot of difficulties in procuring a French paper for me but somehow they managed to do it.

"So, you're ready for it?" He asked with a wink. "Yes sir!" I said with a hint of amusement. "Comment est ta préparation?" I asked in French. "Um... did you ask me how is my preparation?" He asked with uncertainty. "Full points to you!" I said in a cheerful tone.

"Someone had a wonderful night... Want to tell me about it?" He asked as he removed his water bottle from his bag to take a sip. "Well, I talked to Zane yesterday and he said that he would be coming to India in February!" Vivaan nearly choked on his water. "He, that New York guy?" He asked, his eyes masking all feelings. I simply nodded. "He's coming all the way from the USA to India? What for?" "His dad is going to strike a deal here with some steel company."

"That's good for you. You must be so happy," he said in an unhappy tone. "Everything all right?" "Yes, all's good. Revise your French before you forget it," he said before removing his own textbook to revise... no, to stop the conversation. Why does Zane's visit make any difference to him? 

***

"How was your paper?" I asked him when he took a seat beside me. Avani was absent because she had caught a cold, so Vivaan had decided to sit next to me. "It was good. How was yours?" "Fantastic! The paper was so way easier than I thought!" He opened his tiffin box and the delicious smell of paneer parathas made my mouth water. "Care to share some?" I asked with a puppy face since I knew he loved paneer parathas. "No! Bring your own tiffin!" 

I tried to snatch a bite from his tiffin and just like that, we were playfully fighting over parathas. I didn't notice it while we struggled to eat his tiffin but a few people were amused by our fight. Finally, he gave in and let me have half of the parathas. There was some ketchup with the paratha. "Open your mouth!" I half-whispered it to him. "What are you doing?" He asked with a lopsided smile. "Just open your mouth!"

He obediently opened his mouth. I took a piece of paratha dipped in ketchup and... ate it myself. His reaction was priceless! I started laughing so hard at his reaction that I nearly choked on my food. The tiffin was lying in my lap. Vivaan started to snatch it from me so I started fighting with him. In the process, I accidentally smeared some ketchup on his nose. "Oops!" I giggled. "Here, let me wipe it for you!" "No, thanks! I will wipe it myself! I know you will smear more of it on my face! "

***

I was taking a break from studies in the evening and opened my chats to see a message from an unknown number.