Chapter One Hundred and Three - Confessions and Proposals

Author's note; A bit of Male intimacy, I'd say around 16+ stuff.

The corn was harvested, dried out and stored to become seed for the following year or corn flour for the winter. A few cobs were greedily savoured prior to that, each bite a sweet sensation, despite only being boiled and without garnish.

The second set of fluffy chicks were born, this time all of the eggs beneath the hen successfully cracked open and the community looked forward to being able to eat eggs more often during the winter months. During that time also, it was decided that the hens would be moved into the third property to keep them sheltered better from the winter snows, just in case they happened to be as strong and deep as the year before.

Thus as the work in the gardens wound down and there was nothing to harvest outside of the first properties gardens, work became more focused within the property and patrols once more increased upon the walls; small crowds of humanoid zombies had reappeared at the walls as the temperatures began to fall.

If the walking corpses had been frightening before, these appeared more so. Their green-grey skins had noticeable charred edges as parts had peeled away from the body. Essence no longer oozed from the cracks within the flesh, instead was crusted into a thick, blackened layer. Eyes were no longer reddened and bloodshot, but the whites had yellowed and the veins were dark, the black pupil shone grey whenever the light hit them, yet despite the fogginess, their vision was still sharp enough to catch movement. Few had ears, the extraneous skin having been lost, maybe deemed unnecessary or burnt by the summer sun until they flaked away unheeded. In all honesty, finding just one that retained the four limbs, two hands, two feet, two eyes, ears, nose and jaw thus resembling the human they had once been was difficult.

The zombies were more vicious as well, their joints appeared less stiff than before the summer overall and many more seemed to have abilities. Fortunately, as the two strongest of the defenders were able to stave off a few more frightening attacks and there were others who could stand on par in strength against the rest, they were able to fend off these small assaults against their walls.

However, fearing what was to come, the ability users spent every spare moment cultivating in a bid to get stronger in fear of what could follow.

In the dead of the night, two men moved in unison, savouring the taste of each other's bodies joined as they were with the larger man settling between the smaller man's thighs.  Sweat glistened on their sun-blessed skins, the man beneath gripped the formed muscles on the other's arms, but did not unleash his full strength in fear of hurting the other.  There were still moments that he couldn't help but squeeze those arms, especially when the man covering him touched numerous unspeakable places within his body with his hardened member.  Bruises formed, adding to the bruises he'd left behind on other occasions.

Cole also understood he would feel the tenderness of blackened marks come the morning, but at this time buried as he was in his lover's welcoming body, he really did not care.  He and Chang Min were not like the patient Ren Zexian and innocent Nathan; once feelings had been established, they were quick to explore the physical side of their blossoming relationship.  Likely they would have tumbled after the first confession was made, if not for the bloody wound on Cole's back at that time.

There was also no distinguishing who would attack and who would receive, they'd explored both sides of the coin, but it just so happened that Chang Min preferred being able to curl his legs around Cole's sturdy waist while Cole plundered his body at a steady pace as was happening now.  It did not mean that tomorrow he wouldn't want to press Cole down and enjoy what else his lover's body could offer him.

The two entwined until sticky and sated, their bodies having released their essence and fallen into the relaxing afterglow of love making.  Chang Min curled into the other's warm chest, listening to the slowing heartbeat within it.  He was exceedingly happy.  Memories crossed his mind of his journey to this point, where he finally found the person who he felt best matched him in body and soul and he could finally shed the vestiges of loneliness that had shadowed him for so long.