Chapter Eighty Seven - Love, Sex and Dao Companionship

Author's note; One person asked me to indicate where the 18+ stuff begins and ends... unfortunately, I will have to leave that up to everyone's personal interpretation! If this was just about sex then I could likely point it out, but the Dual Cultivation description part is mixed in as well which I don't think could be considered 18+ at all! Plus I ended up writing two chapters to cover everything. That said, there is most definitely 18+ stuff in chapter two and trust me, it is obvious where that begins! I did think about writing a censored version... but I've never done that before, so I figured, why do it now?

Were Ren Zexian to chose the moment that he took his innocent lover's first time, it would have been upon a comfortable bed, perhaps one adorned with silken sheets. The lighting would be subdued and there would be an ambience of sorts. It was not that he was a romantic man, just that he would have liked to ensure Nathan be as relaxed as possible as they came together to share intimate love reflecting that which they already felt inside. This ideal experience would just be two men expressing that affection.

He couldn't have imagined that his beloved's virginity would need be lost in order to share yang essence, hopefully strengthening his own reserves in the process so his life might be saved. It seemed calculating and cold. He could only inwardly promise to make it up to him later and protect him during the process. He really worried the poison yin would attempt to spread into Nathan's body during their joining. He would never forgive himself should this occur.

But before the two men could lie together, there were a few things necessary in preparation. Those physical things, Chang Min had rushed off to obtain. In the meantime, Ren Zexian sought to enlarge Nathan's straightforward views.

"Dual cultivation, in simple terms," Ren Zexian informed him, with just a hint of blush in his pale cheeks, "is achieved through cultivating while... making love." He hoped that Nathan could understand this term.

As it happened, he had heard of it before; his father had sat him down at the tender age of twelve and had made some attempt at explaining the side of sexual intercourse that was not necessarily about procreation, but about feelings. The older man had used this term as well. "Teacher explained in order to have sexual intercourse," he had told the red-faced man, "that I would have to touch a girl and she would have to touch me. I don't want to touch one."

"You might change your mind, Nathan," his father had sighed, in truth, he had also wanted to warn of the repercussions of unprotected sex, but he perhaps realised that was definitely a discussion unnecessary for the time being. "You might find that there comes a time when you find a girl that you like and want to do these things with."

In the present time, Nathan had found a person he did not mind touching, but it was not a girl. He shook his head and voiced his thoughts, almost causing Ren Zexian's heart to break; "We can't do that, Xian. We are both men." Grasping hold of his last sentence, Ren Zexian quickly realised that Nathan knew nothing about the relations between men.

"Nathan, it is possible for a man to make love to another man," he murmured softly and sure enough, his lover questioned this with open curiosity.

"How?"

"You understand how a man makes love to a woman?" Nathan replied an affirmative. "It is not dissimilar, but men do not have the same... intimate opening as a woman, thus another place is used in substitute. The entry point is the anus."

Nathan blinked. His face was not an overly expressive one, though Ren Zexian easily caught the sparkle in his eyes when he was interested in something, the slight curve of them when he was happy and way he twisted his fingers when sad or distressed. But at that moment, he couldn't figure out what was going through the younger man's mind. He worried that he had caused his beloved a fright and attempted to soften the blow of the sudden enlightenment.