chapter twenty eight

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

july 10, 2014

Louis effortlessly stares behind his television that's currently playing a movie, his eyes piercing through the wall and into the abyss by his endless sinking thoughts. If it were any other situation, he would be scribbling away on a page with new lyric ideas due to his recent dilemma.

But, here he is, watching some random film with his mates, that may or may not have forced him to come out of his room. Louis is trying his best not to think back on the kiss he shared with Jocelyn yet is failing, quite obviously.

Zayn was the first one to notice his shift of behavior throughout the day. Since the group wanted to hang out at Louis' house, there wasn't much speaking considering their gaze are so caught up in the movie. Except Louis has always been chatty or in general not quiet, like he is right now.

The raven-haired guy sitting next to Louis waves his hand in front of his face, ultimately snapping the brunette back to reality. "You've been awfully quiet and it's concerning because you're always so hyper and loud," Zayn points out to Louis, a brief chuckle escaping his lips after to lower the tension.

Rolling his eyes at Zayn's observation, Louis searches his mind for a quick lie, "No I haven't, you just haven't noticed me being talkative." Not a relatively good comeback but all Louis hopes for is for his best friend to drop the subject.

Although his wishes are crushed when both Harry and Niall hear in on the conversation, lending confused looks towards Louis as they also realize he has been rather quiet, barely any words spoken to anyone.

"What's really wrong, Louis?" Harry asks him while he sits down next to him, visible concern written all over his face. Niall decides it's best to feed into the scene so he pauses the movie, instantly earning a groan and complaints from Liam though it stops once he discovers the serious situation.

"It's nothing, lads! You're all overreacting," Louis insists as he shifts his gaze to the ground, his heart thumping inside his chest just imagining him expressing his puzzled feelings out loud. They all know him too well to understand that something is definitely going on, something Louis isn't very fond of explaining to them.

Zayn soon realizes what could be bothering him, assuming his last night out with Jocelyn could have turned Louis speechless, a demeanor only she could inflict on him. "Oh... It's Jocelyn innit?" That causes the rest of the boys to stare between Zayn and Louis, their ears perked up as a way of impatiently waiting for Louis' answer.

The room shortly fell silent, Zayn's few words lingering in the air, entering Louis' head as he replays what occurred between Jocelyn and him. The curly-haired girl certainly left him dazed and even afraid of what outcome they would settle on their friendship.

"He probably told her he's in love with her and she rejected him," Niall jokes with a laugh laced in his words, however, he stops when he notices Louis glaring at him, an unusual look on his soft features. The guy with stunning ocean eyes and well-hidden emotions sighs, realizing that his friends won't stop asking questions until he speaks on it.

"We kissed." Even saying it out in the open leaves a sting in Louis' heart. Though the sting doesn't necessarily mean pain, it indicates pure desire and excitement over the closed period he yearned for the kiss. "I don't know how to feel. I know I have a crush on her but shit, this doesn't feel like something so minor, it's different," Louis momentarily adds later, the silence internally eating him alive.

The brief pause of the group abruptly ends when Liam snickers into a laugh, drawing the attention of the rest of the guys. "Louis, that's no small crush, you're fucking whipped, mate," Liam comments with a slight tone of annoyment in his voice considering Louis can be stubborn or quite oblivious with his feelings, he always has been.

Harry soon places his hand on Louis' shoulder for open reassurance in his part. "Yeah, Jocelyn seems pretty nice and if she took the kiss well, then don't worry your head off!"

"You're probably acting strange with her right now or some bullshit so, act normal for once and face your emotions," Zayn softly scolds Louis, making him truly reflect on his actions and overall thoughts on the entire situation.

With Niall being himself, he faintly laughs at Zayn's criticism and Liam puts the movie on again as the two continue to chat. Harry simply giggles while he sends an encouraging smile towards Louis. No doubt to hint that Zayn is right, he often is and somehow, Louis can never say no to his best friend's wise advice.

Despite Louis' internal concerns with everything going on, he immediately stands up and excuses himself from the group. He paces to his room and shakily pulls out his phone, no real hesitation when he presses the call button on Jocelyn's contact. Only a few rings are heard before the pretty girl picks up.

"Sorry if you're busy and I interrupted something but I just missed your voice... How are you?"

><

AUTHOR'S NOTE !

short chapter oops. this is more of an insight of louis' life n thoughts yk, specifically after the ✨kiss✨ ! plus i also wanted more of the boys (1d) content so yea ❤️