Oneshot 1 (AU) Are you okay?

They're 10-12 years older in this, sorry I didn't specify, so are all of them except one that's set when she's an ancient. Thank you.

"Why would it be okay?" I ask, my voice numb and dubious.

"Because we won, Amber!" Fintan answers, spinning me around.

"Or, should I say, Sophie." He adds, we only needed codes because we didn't want the Black Swan to know who we really were.

"But... they're all dead or in a prison somewhere. I feel like such a terrible person. Was this really a good idea? My literal job was to help them. Why would I break my own identity? I should be in the cells with them..." I whisper, and he sighs.

"I won't tell you this was the right call, but... come on, we're friends. Why... why is it such a crime we won?"

"Because I was a traitor, and... it wasn't fair. They should have won, with me. Well, not necessarily, but... please, can't you just let me talk with them? It's not fair! I should've been there, at least." I say, and I don't realize I'm swaying until Fintan wraps his arms around me. I bury my face in his chest.

"Come on, Sophie. Now... now, you can train without secrets and fear of being caught! We're free!"

"Are we? Or are you free? I don't feel free..." I whisper softly, demons starting to roar up. How could you? I trusted you! He's dead because of my own daughter? I hope you die! Why? My friends... or, 'friends'- no one would treat their friends like this. Backstabber.

"No... I'm definitely not free. They'll never go away, even if they do. I'm tired. Can we go back home?" I ask, home. That eventually became the hideout. After our ten years of war, it's only been a few days since they found out. Not we, they. We're not on the same side. So why do I feel so awful?

"Sophie... home was knocked down yesterday. Remember? The Black Swan did it as a last ditch attempt to win." Last ditch attempt. W e  w o n. We w o n. We won. We Won. WE WON. It's insane. Crazy. Unbelievable. A small smile appears.

"We won..." I say softly, and Fintan nods. I can feel it on top of my head, still clinging to him like a lifeline.

"Yes, Sophie. Yes." He says, and wonder fills me. I repeat it over and over, until I can let go. Tears spill down my cheeks as I sob, smiling through the tears.

"Wait... where are we sleeping then?"

"A councilor's castle, maybe? There are plenty of cots lying around, from other hideouts. We can sleep right next to each other, like before. Remember, Sophie?" He asks, smiling as he remembers. I grin.

"Like when we needed Elementine, and I got to stargaze?" I ask, smirking. He laughs.

"I seem to remember some grumbling about getting up after that."

"Well, it was early!" I retort, and he shrugs.

"Well, you were pretty crabby. So it was easy to figure why you got in trouble for burning the table on 'accident,' so I don't know if you want to lead with that."

"There was more than that."

AHHHHH MY FINPHIE ONESHOT THERES NO GOING BACK NOW

Um also I love the way I have like 43 views on here on the first page bc nobody continues after they saw it was Finphie