Chapter 27

Chapter Theme: Better off Dead

-----

It's already 4 in the morning and I'm still in the middle of nowhere. Gosh, I still have a performance today under Mr. Lincoln. I spent my weekends in the forest, attending worship programs, going to church, swimming my worries away and many more. 

"Where have you been?!" a cold baritone voice filled my ears when I opened the door. 

I looked at Quinton with a stoic expression. I shrugged my shoulder and walk passed him. 

He gently grabbed my wrist but his expression says otherwise. I rolled my eyes and swiftly removed his hand on mine.

"I'm still talking to you, Parker! Don't turn your back on me!" his voice thundered...at the four corners of the room.

"I'm tired!" I whispered and immediately climbed the stairs.

I was staring at nowhere while waiting for my turn. We're at the school auditorium. Maraming estudyante sa labas para makinuod. They're not allowed to enter the school's auditorium since we have a very strict teacher but they can still hear us because of the speakers outside.

I closed my eyes to get off the negative thoughts that keeps on luring my mind. 

I was back from my reverie when I heard the claps from my classmates. I opened my eyes only to see that they're all looking at me. I was about to raise my brows when I heard Mr. Lincoln voice.

"Miss Parker, devour and rule the stage!" he said while giving me a short but meaningful smile.

I ignored him and just stood up to climbed the stage. I can't even flash a smirk what more if a smile? 

Lumapit ako sa organ at pinasadahan ko ito ng haplos. Iginala ko muna ang paningin ko sa ibaba bago unti unting umupo. I closed my eyes trying to stop myself from bursting out. I inhaled before opening my eyes again.

I started to play the intro. I don't know what's gotten into me, I just found myself playing a different song.

Damn, this is'nt the song I prepared...I cursed.

I play the intro twice before starting the verse.

"She said she wants to end it all when she's all alone in her room!" unang linya palang ngunit ramdam ko na ang panginginig ng boses ko.

My eyes started to blur. I gasped for air, trying to stop myself from tearing up.

"She cries....The way she feels inside is too much for her!" 

As I uttered those words, my voice broke and the tears that I've been trying to hold, started to dripped away.

"When all you got is these four walls...It's not that hard to feel so small...Or even exist at all!" I closed my eyes as I let myself sang all the pain away. 

It's fine, it's okay, Hara! It's okay...

"How come no one heard her when she said..." tumingala ako habang pinipigilan ang impit na paghikbi ko.

HOW COME NO ONE HEARD ME WHEN I SAID...

"Maybe I'm better off dead. If I was would it finally be enough to shut out all those voices in my head?..."

"Good evening, sweetie!" a soft and sweet voice greeted me.

"M-mom..." I said trying to cease myself from breaking down.

I heard someone talked on the other line and the next I knew...

"Hey, I'll call you back later!" nagmamadaling sambit niya.