Chapter 43

Chapter theme: I do

------

The moment I step out of the stage I suddenly felt contented. Loud screams and cheers from different people filled the whole place. It's as if they're cheering on me even though they don't have any idea about me.

The cold breeze that's coming from the sea enveloped my body. I shivered a little as I scan the fantabulous sunset in front of me. The sky was a hue of purple and pink, showing a good and a bright sign for the newly wed couple. The party lights danced together with the wild waves. The sound of the trees and leaves makes the place undeniably comfortable and relaxing.

Habang hinihintay na tumugtog ang musika ay nanatili ang mga mata ko sa dalawang taong naging bahagi ng buhay ko. She smiled at me and waved her hand gesturing my white flowy dress that fits my upper body perfectly.

Nililipad ng hangin ang ibabang parte ng damit ko, making me stand out in the crowd. My hair was made for a perfectly chignon hairstyle with a few strands in front. This hairstyle was choosen by Kailani. She said that it will define my long, slender neck.

I can say that this is the most wonderful wedding I have ever attended. Of course, my best friend deserves every special thing in this world. She deserves every bit of happiness.

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. I face the crowd and flash a small but genuine smile. I grip the microphone tightly as I calm myself.

It's been so long since I last stand on a stage. The feeling of contentment and happiness at the same suddenly felt new to me.

Damn, I miss this. I miss this nostalgic feeling.

The instrumental part started as I roam my eyes towards the crowd. I look at the newly wed couple in front looking so sweet. Happiness is visible in their eyes as they dance slowly, feeling every beat of the music. The way they stare at each other's eyes and smile at each other makes my heart jump.

I smiled at them one more time and mouthed my congratulations and they mouthed their good luck's back.

I closed my eyes as I sang the first verse. Kuya Zarhenius is playing the acoustic guitar, Kuya Rex is playing the piano and Quinton, wait, where the fvck did that motherfvcker go??

I shut my eyes closed to dismiss my irritation. I put my emotion in the song as I remembered the things the newly wed went to. Kailani suffered enough and I'm now happy since finally, she found her happiness.

I was about to sang the next part ngunit nagiba nag tugtog ng gitara at piano. It wasn't part of the song, damn! Pinalitan nila ang kanta without them informing me?

I looked at them confusedly when suddenly the lights went off.

What the actual fvck??

Kuya Zarhenius and Kuya Rex continued playing the background and I am here standing, dumbfounded at the sudden turn of events.

"My whole world changed from the moment I met you," a cold baritone voice filled the whole reception.

I scanned my eyes around but all I can see is gloominess. Hindi ako nagkakamali, this voice belongs to him.

Few seconds later, two spotlight were turned on. Halos masilaw ako nang tumama ang spotlight sa kinatatayuan ko. I'm sure that my face screams what the hell.

Quinton was walking towards me while holding a bouquet of lavender flowers in his left hand and a microphone in his right hand.

"And it would never be the same, " he sang while staring deeply in my eyes.