Tsukishima sighed and sat straight. "You were going to ask me to go out with you, which I'll flat-out decline, again."

"Wrong," you huffed. "I was going to ask for your number." You smiled kindly. Your reply made him change his expression a little. He never thought you'd be this persistent and that annoyed him even more.

He smirked and held up his palm. "You should've said earlier. Give me your phone..." he mischievously smiled.

"W-what... are you serious?" He nodded enthusiastically and even gestured for your phone.

'Pft, he's not that hard to get after all!'  satisfied and confident, you hand him your precious gadget. You looked intently as he pressed a few numbers on the keypad and with a faked smile, he returns it in your hand.

You looked at the number he typed and could sense how odd it was. It had a bunch of nines and zeroes. Looking at him in confusion, you asked, "Are you sure you typed your number?"

Tsukishima nodded while Yamaguchi tried his best not to let out a laugh. "You can text me right now to check." He mischievously smiled.

"Text him," Yamaguchi added with a smile. You looked at his friend and narrowed your eyes.

Innocently, you fell for his trap and did as he said. After typing up a few words, you sent the message and hoped he'd reply in front of you. But as you waited for him to reach for his phone, a message notification popped up immediately.

Your eyes widened as you opened the pop-up.

From: Creep Preventer

You asked for my number and you were fooled. Congratulations, you creep!

WHAT?!'  Your eyes widened at the message.

"Oops, my fingers must've slipped while typing and gave you the wrong one. Sorry, sorry." He stood up all proud and confident while his friend trailed behind him and let out a few chuckles.

"That's what happens when you don't take no for an answer." You looked at him wide-eyed. Not only did he reject you once, he rejected you twice but this time with humour! You couldn't believe your eyes, you couldn't believe what just happened. It was another blow to your ego but surprisingly... it didn't hurt as much.

"He-he really did just call me a creep indirectly," you whispered to yourself, not fathoming the situation at all.

"Tsukishima..." A grin formed on your face. You should've given up right after that first rejection, but you just couldn't. Maybe it was because you didn't want to prove Aimi and Arisu right, or because you're naturally persistent, or maybe because Tsukishima was the breath of fresh air that you've been looking for. You do know one thing-- you're going to get him sooner or later.

"Am I a masochist or something?" you joked as you rubbed the bridge of your nose.

~

After one long day, you couldn't turn down Arisu's shopping invite. You loved shopping, it's your hobby and the only thing you currently are obsessed on. It's no wonder your room is filled with clothes of all kinds. The three of you talked about the normal topics: gossip, boys and clothes. But you couldn't get your mind off of Tsukishima.

"Tch, I'll get him soon," you angrily murmured. Aimi smirked and shook her head while flipping through the clothes in front of her.

"Please don't tell me you're still on that blonde boy." She looked at you in disappointment.

"I am. He's interesting."

"Then why don't you just make friends with him or something. Surely, you wouldn't want to date him, right? He has glasses." She sighed and got bored at the array of clothes in front of her.

You and Arisu follow her as she walked toward the next set of designer clothes. "So what? Boys with glasses are cute," you protested. Correction, you don't just find boys with glasses cute-- you find nerds adorable. But that's just your secret and you'll probably never tell anyone.

Arisu chuckled and covered her mouth. "This is so unlike you, F/n-chan. You always got the hot guys in junior high. Don't downgrade, it's kind of sad."

You crossed your arms and sat down on the empty waiting chair beside you. "Whatever, you guys know once I've set my mind in something, I won't stop til' I get it."

Aimi looked at you in the eyes. "That so?" She's been giving you looks that probably have double or triple meanings, and it's unsettling.

~

You let out your one-hundredth sigh of the day as you entered your house. It's in a quiet neighbourhood that's perfectly suited for your father's type of lifestyle-- secrecy.

"I'm home," you declared. Even though you were sure your parents weren't the ones who'll reply.

"Welcome home, F/n-san. You're home late today," said your housemaid, Hanabi-san, as she arranged your shoes after you've taken them off. You shrugged your shoulders and walked past her.

"Went out shopping and found nothing. The clothes were boring." You opened your fridge and took out a glass of water. Hanabi-san smiled gently as she put down a plate of snacks in front of you.

"How was school?"

"Boring," you replied immediately. Looking around, you looked for any hints of your brother or your parents. But obviously, none of them were at home. It wasn't surprising to you anymore. Hanabi-san noticed your disappointed face and tried to reassure you.

"I'm sorry, F/n-chan. Your mom and dad are very busy today. They're preparing for the city elections. Your brother is still in college, and he won't be returning until four months from now."

You put down your glass of water and glared at her. "Sorry, Hanabi-san, but I didn't ask. Besides, I already know that. They're barely home anyways. Nothing's new." It's sad but it was the truth. Having your parents involved in politics made your life harder. You don't even remember the last time the four of you dined together, and that was probably years and years ago. Your brother rarely talks to you now and yet they wonder why they rarely know you anymore.

"F/n-chan..."

"I'm going to my room. Don't disturb me." Even though you already expected all these things, it still hurts. It's as if you never existed to them, it's as if they didn't have a daughter.

You locked yourself in your room and turned on the television to watch your favourite show: The History of everything. Yes, you're a closeted nerd who loves learning about history, but you couldn't handle letting anyone know about it. You have all types of books about countries, animals and some historical figures but you hide them underneath your bed. Having a rich and pretty girl interested in something boring is totally lame, at least that's what you conditioned your mind to think.

Besides, the comfort of watching it in your own space makes you forget your problems and worries-- all problems except for one.

"Tsukishima!" you randomly called. You crossed your arms and let out a sigh.

"I won't let him humiliate me like that ever again!"