Raindrops Falling

I was now seated in the driver seat driving Elliot back from the mountain trail that seemed like a good idea at the time until the rain appeared.

The boy had his head on straight sometimes but was really peculiar in a sense that I somehow understood him.

"So about your recipes on pasta" I said finally confessing to the best dish I had tried in my life.

"I'll teach you someday" he replied while laughing in the passenger seat.

"So this won't be another spontaneous adventure I will get to treasure" I asked as Elliot chose to lean back with a smirk.

"I mean I wouldn't call falling face first in the mud a great adventure" he replied as I tried to tilt the steering wheel to make his head hit the window.

"Loser you lost" I said waving my finger at him as he chuckled.

"Fine then maybe when I get out of this face mask you so kindly gave me" he spoke as I attempted to wipe it off with my hand which seemed to make it worse.

"I know this is random but would you like to hang out again some other time?" He asked avoiding eye contact as he stared outside his window.

"Sounds like you are asking me on a date" I replied with a small smile.

~~~

"Rosie" the voice spoke in a deep tone as I stared around the small gardenscape.

"I am not peaking I swear" I replied giggling as he held my hand to guide me towards the mysterious place.

Currently I was being dragged by the mysterious voice that seemed to make my heart pound as I gladly trusted him to lead me to a safe place.

"Love, welcome" he said before I felt a soft kiss placed on the side of my head.

Soon my black vision was replaced with the most gorgeous sight that sat in front of me.

There were lanterns floating that were tied to the small pathway that led to an enormous sign.

Along the path laid small roses that seemed to be awaiting my arrival as they danced along with the beat of the wind.

"Baby" I said staring towards him as he was teary eyed.

"My love" he said placing his hand on my cheek before getting down on one knee.

I looked down to see who this mysterious man was but was distracted in my dream to the lantern that was waving around me.

My vision was soon directed to the cheers of my family on the side as I eagerly looked around to hear the screams of my mum.

"Will you marry me?" the voice asked as I kneeled town to hug the figure.

~~~

I was snapped out of my daze to see Elliot still staring at me while I tried to retrace my steps back to the present.

"I guess I'm a step behind Henry?" he laughed but you could hear the disappointment in his laugh.

"I mean I never really said a proper reply to him because we are good friends but maybe if you are free than a date it is" I said pulling up to his house.

"Thanks Rosie for the good memory" he said before sharing a side hug and exiting the car.

I finally let the breath out that I didn't know I was holding in this whole time.

Elliot Kim seemed like a heart breaker but also seemed confused with what was going around him sometimes.

I watched him walk into his door before pulling away to meet up with Henry who had messaged me a couple of times.