Time For The Party

It could of felt like home. The familiar pale green architect that filled the room was almost comforting but it wasn't.

My parents anniversary was today and as usual a dinner was in line.

A few of my family was there greeting everyone who seemed to have had fake smiles.

"Relax baby" Hen placed his hand on my waist as we strolled through the house.

Elliot was nowhere to seen as I searched the crowd looking for my chubby baby.

My parents love Elliot and didn't miss the opportunity to invite him to which he accepted.

He was the child they always wanted and our break up did a number or two on them.

"Ahh Rosalyn dear" frozen I turned to see my parents smiling at me as I hugged them.

"Happy anniversary mum and dad" Hen followed pursuit as we stepped back.

"You look beautiful dear" my father complimented as I nodded.

"Thanks, its a great party" to which they smiled more.

"How was the trip here? I'm sure little Jayden didn't mind it" my mum spoke looking around as she didn't spot Jay in my arms.

"He is coming with Elliot actually" her grin was one of a kid hearing santa is coming.

"Fabulous, I have not seen him in what felt like forever".

"Speaking of the devil" I muttered watching the familiar black hair skim through the crowd.

Jayden was awake, lost in his own world that seemed to intrigue him more than the people trying to get his attention.

"Elliot!" stopping in his tracks he faced us before plastering a smile on his face.

"Nice to see you guys" he came closer hugging the both as my father picked up Jay.

"How is my grandson doing?" making his chubby little fingers reach for his chin.

"I must say you look handsome this evening" I raked over my ex.

He could never rock anything bad. He was one to do the bare minimum and look extremely ravishing.

"I could say the same thing about your husband and you look wonderful" he was charming that it was annoyingly attractive.

"Hi Rosie" he said hugging me while leaving a kiss on my cheek before facing Henry.

"Henry,nice to see you again" making Henry almost roll his eyes but I held his hand.

"Likewise Kim" he replied as I reached for Jayden.

"You miss mama?" he squirmed wanting to be in my arms as he moved around excitedly.

"Hi bubba" he attempted to kiss me by slobbering all over my face as I kissed his cheeks in reply.

"Do excuse us, we have some company to attend to" my parents left as they saw my uncle.

"That was enlightening, glad to know the favourite" Hen sputtered out making Elliot sigh.

"Have some respect, this is their home" he replied making Henry huff.

"How was he?" I asked as Jayden spewed a few sounds.

"He was good just a bit fussy with food but other than that he was fine" Jayden recognised his fathers voices before eagerly stretching his hands out.

Daddys boy.

I wasn't jealous but with all I did for him, he always wanted his father.

"Dada" he was laughing as his father poked random faces at the boy.

The bond of a child and parent was so pure that it never amazed me how real it felt.

"ROSALYN" hearing a scream I saw my cousin waving me down as she sped through the crowd to get closer.

"Maxie" I smiled hugging her.

My cousin was definitely crazy. Her natural curls were shining with blue as she managed to braid them into two.

Her small figure was cute as a daisy.

"Let me hold him" she said taking Jay from me as she pulled silly faces.

The boy made it clear if you weren't his dad than you were not funny at all.

"Sorry cous he is a bit hungry" I lied so she wouldn't get butthurt that my son did not find her amusing.

"Elliot" she exclaimed before hugging him than too Henry.

My family have known Henry since we were young yet none of them liked the idea of us together.

"I think we should go get some fresh air" she suggested as we all followed her to the balcony on the third floor.

Sitting down immediately she shared a few stories with me as Elliot stood there awkwardly attempting to engage in a conversation with Henry.

I could barely hear them because of Maxie but it was obvious that I had no interest in what I had to say.

"Hey you think your parents would know if I check out there medicine cabinet?" I shook my head as she handed me Jayden.

"Be right back" she hurried out looking for any view of a bedroom.

Shaking my head at my cousin.

I looked back to see that the small conversation was heated as they leaned on the rail obviously arguing.

"Oh yeah? Why am I married to her then?" Henry spat hatefully at Eli who was obviously finding it funny.

"Beats me" Eli replied grinning as Henry grew more impatient.

Walking next to Elliot I stared at the both of them.

"This really needs to stop, you aren't five years old anymore" Henry was red in the face as Jayden continued to reach for his dad.

"YOU JUST THINK IT IS SO FUNNY BUT YOU WILL ONLY EVER BE THE FATHER OF HER SON, NOTHING ELSE" Henry was ready to throw a punch as Elliot stood in front to make sure I was protected.

"YOU IDIOT SHE HAS OUR KID ON HER" he yelled as Henry looked behind Eli.

Elliot turned around to rake us over to see if we were fine.

Pulling Jay into his arms I didn't miss Henry bounce back as I attempted to push Elliot away and hold him back.

But he kept pushing me as my back hitting the railing and I could feel was my feet being pushed off the ground.

"ROSIE" I heard and saw Elliot reach out but it was too late.

Henry held a scared expression as he desperately tried to reach but I was already feeling the air being knocked out of me.

Before I knew it, I was out like lightning.

~~~

Elliots POV:

"You should wake up now love" opening my eyes I laid in the exact spot that Rosie just fell on.

"You need too wake up love" closing my eyes trying to find out where it was coming from.

Opening it was pitch black as I searched the small droplets of water.

There she was standing faraway as I stood there unable to move from my spot.

"Rosie? Whats happening" she smiled before disappearing in the night.