Well, that's just weird

Izuku's picture ended up on the tv, his beast form slightly blurry but clear enough that it was obviously him carrying that dead deer in his jaws with specks of blood spattered along his muzzle.

At first, it amused the boy to see himself on the screen, listening to the humans talk about how a group of people spotted a so-called 'monster'. From what Izuku gathered, the humans were trying to figure out if the 'monster' was real, or if it was some kind of prank at the hands of a quirk. It was kind of funny to the boy. As much as he loves pranks and mischief, him hunting isn't exactly something he found that hit those categories. But humans were strange, and they had different opinions of things. If they found it funny, he would laugh too.

And he did.

Until Shouta figured out that Izuku had been sneaking out from his window and had properly locked it to prevent him from opening it on his own.

Then he saw the tv as a dirty little snitch and cursed it out. Luckily for it , Shouta had managed to stop the boy in time before he got the chance to take his claws to its smooth glassy surface.

The new lock was thick and sturdy and too complex for him to slide one of his claws down to jiggle and dig until it gave way with a click. He could break the window if he really wanted to get out, but Izuku knew that would make Shouta upset at him, so he would rather not go that route.

"I'm not doing this to be mean, I hope you understand that," came the sigh from his dad.

Izuku did understand... from a certain point of view, he supposes.

Shouta didn't like it when Izuku was on his own, preferring him or one of his friends to keep an eye on him when they are not in the house. Izuku understood why that was for the city.

But for the forest?

Izuku grew up in there! He may not know every single tree in it, but it had been his old home and he is more than capable of taking care of himself while in it. What danger was there for him?

The answer was simple.

Humans.

Even now, they swarm around the tall trees and leafy bushes, their feet stomping clumsily into the undergrowth and raising such a racket he did not even need to go out into the backyard to hear them.

The tv snitched about him and now dozens of humans wanted to find him.

That was the main reason he didn't feel too bad about not being allowed in his forest right now. Why would he want to when it was currently being invaded by strangers.

He was only glad they were silly enough to think Izuku was still inside the forest, instead of being safely tucked away in his and Shouta's house.

Shouta was quiet for a few moments, seemingly taking in Izuku's downed expression. Was he waiting for him to talk?

Izuku kicks his feet, swinging them back and forth from where he sat on the couch. "I like to run," he tries to explain. He just... gets so pent up with energy! He needs to let it out! The fenced-in backyard was big, but Izuku preferred longer distances without having to constantly go in circles and see the same sights—that got boring, fast.

Shouta didn't seem to get that, though. "Can't you run in the backyard?" He asks with a sigh.

"It's not big enough," he whines.

Two red eyes look over his carefully. "And what about when you're at school?"

Izuku bites down on his tongue. The window there has yet to be closed off to him, despite his close encounter with the three humans from before. He'd like to keep it that way, for as long as possible.